Obituary

Guest Nogbad

The original Guzzi Spark 500 battery finally went west, departed this mortal coil, keeled over, went to meet its maker etc this morning after six sterling years service following a short illness.

Gerbingitis is suspected, although in a battery of such advanced age it is always hard to point the finger of blame. Deaths are always more common in winter too.

So, a cuboid vacancy has arisen under the seat of the Guzzi, and I wondered whether anyone had any recommendations as to make and type, and importantly, where to get one in the UK.

I'd write a letter of complaint !!!

The OEM batteries in my Sport 1100 lasted 8.5 years... :race:

• 8 months later...

Juz to add to the database; I have just fitted a Yuasa YTZ-10S maintenance free battery. Size is good, actually narrower than the battery tray. So far so good. No modification to the seat required. Retailed for about US$95 where I come from.

It lies on its side, and the terminals are in the correct orientation.

Cheers

Cat

From what I've heard, give it a good charge, disconnect the terminals and leave it be. They don't self-discharge like flooded batteries. It worked last year, and I'm going to do the same this year. Cold weather good for it. Joe

From what I've heard, give it a good charge, disconnect the terminals and leave it be. They don't self-discharge like flooded batteries. It worked last year, and I'm going to do the same this year. Cold weather good for it. Joe

Doing the same to mine. Pleased to see the resurrection of my old thread.