Tomaselli Adjustable Clip-ons

profWacko

After being absent for nearly four years (long boring story), I finally got my Tomaselli adjustables put on.

These items have a tremendous range of adjustability and are really well made.

I have mounted mine so that the bars are about an inch higher and 2 inches further back.

The result is a more upright riding position which suits my needs a lot more than the forward lean of the originals.

Anyone know where these might still be available?

-Jack

More pics

-Jack

More pics

-Jack

rt_grip.jpg

lt_grip.jpg

bars.jpg

I actually have a pair of these sitting on my workbench, bought them last year from i believe RossoPuro. I've been debating putting them on becuase they are aluminum and was told you should not put bar-end wieghts on them. How are the handlebar vibes? And how did you do the wiring? When I test fit them, some of my wires were too short.

I actually have a pair of these sitting on my workbench, bought them last year from i believe RossoPuro. I've been debating putting them on becuase they are aluminum and was told you should not put bar-end wieghts on them. How are the handlebar vibes? And how did you do the wiring? When I test fit them, some of my wires were too short.

I was thinking that I would feel a lot more vibration with these bars, but that is not the case really. There's a very slight increase in vibs, but I was planning on switching to those ProGrip gels anyway. They more than make up the difference, certainly compares to the thin stock grips.

>>wiring

The only thing I had to change was the wire bundle for the starter switch cluster, which I routed behind the fork tube. It was too short to leave it in front where it formerly ran along with the throttle cables.

Other than re-clocking the banjo bolts on the clutch and brake master cylinders, that's all I changed.

There's a little logo on the Tomaselli's that looks like a big M with a very small T above it. The same logo is on the stock clipons that I took off.

Is it possible that Tomaselli makes the factoery ones?

-Jack

I just bought a pair of them for my SR500 cafe bike project. Google will get you a bunch of hits. I got mine from bevelheaven a ducati shop.

Wick

I was thinking that I would feel a lot more vibration with these bars, but that is not the case really. There's a very slight increase in vibs, but I was planning on switching to those ProGrip gels anyway. They more than make up the difference, certainly compares to the thin stock grips.

>>wiring

The only thing I had to change was the wire bundle for the starter switch cluster, which I routed behind the fork tube. It was too short to leave it in front where it formerly ran along with the throttle cables.

Other than re-clocking the banjo bolts on the clutch and brake master cylinders, that's all I changed.

There's a little logo on the Tomaselli's that looks like a big M with a very small T above it. The same logo is on the stock clipons that I took off.

Is it possible that Tomaselli makes the factoery ones?

-Jack

What is reclocking the banjo bolts?

What is reclocking the banjo bolts?

By reclocking, I mean changing their rotational position.

Using your 14mm open end, loosen the banjo bolt just enough to allow it to turn, but not enough to allow any brake fluid to escape or air to get in. Then tighten it up again.

-Jack

Guest bshpilot

man im sorry but those are UGLY ! looks like you could build 'em yourself

outta some thing from the plumbing section @ lowes or home depot !

they look very nice, where did you get the parabolic mirrors that you sticked in the inner part of the mirrors?

I made them.

They are simply half of a 3-inch diameter round spot mirror shaped a little to fit the contours of the inside of the existing mirror housing, and then a little RTV to hold it on. I cut them in half with a fine-tooth hacksaw blade, and clean up the edges a little with sandpaper.

Be CERTAIN that you get plastic mirrors and not glass ones. Don't ask me how I know this. >8]

You can see the front bumper of a car in the lane next to you that's about even with your footrest, and you can see it without turning your head. That car would not be visible otherwise. The image of the car is just right there in the mirror where the image of your shoulder used to be.

I've been putting these on all of my vehicles for quite a few years now. They are really helpful on cars, vans and trucks too.

-Jack

man im sorry but those are UGLY ! looks like you could build 'em yourself

outta some thing from the plumbing section @ lowes or home depot !

Perhaps, but when you are riding, you cannot see them.

And when you get off of the bike after a 100-mile freeway drone, your back will know they were there because it won't be hurting and your wrists won't be tired like they were with the stock setup.

Well, 59-year-old backs like mine anyway.

For me, function trumps style every time, which is why I might be buying a Quota to commute on.

As always, YMMV.

-Jack

Guest bshpilot

Perhaps, but when you are riding, you cannot see them.

And when you get off of the bike after a 100-mile freeway drone, your back will know they were there because it won't be hurting and your wrists won't be tired like they were with the stock setup.

Well, 59-year-old backs like mine anyway.

For me, function trumps style every time, which is why I might be buying a Quota to commute on.

As always, YMMV.

understood...I have the TBR Clip-ons installed on my V11...w/ longer cables

they would be COMPLETELY (and infinitely) adjustable...theyve served my

43yo back pretty well...1350mi in two days (900 the 1st day)...i wasnt crippled when i got

off the bike.