Wrist Watch project - going into produtcion

jenslh

Banner_Guzzi_3.jpg

Have'nt bothered you for a while, but today I recieved this design proposal from the factory.

Beautiful, is'nt it :-)

mg_watch2.jpg

(Please note that the crown is pulled to the second position at the picture - it will be flush with the casing when the watch is running.)

Goffredo and I just have to agree on the size and excact location of the logo, then I can actually place the final order at the factory :-)

YES - the watch is actually going into production !!!!!!!

I've been spending a lot of time and thoughts on this watch, and the support have been fantastic. Thanks to everybody that participated with thoughts and inputs - and of course I'm especially thankful to those of you that actually decided that you wanted to own the watch.

The production order will be send to the factory on friday, March 9, 2007, 08.00 (Central European time), so if anybody out there wants to get in (or out), NOW is the last chance.

To the newcomers on the planet, please see: http://www.guzzitech.dk/wristwatch/index.htm for a complete description of the watch.

/Jens

http://www.guzzitech.dk/english

• 4 weeks later...

has it been 6-8 weeks yet? I'm freakin out. This watch will rule, but will the numbers be silver or the yellowish kind, the two pics you have almost look like different watches I don't think the hands matchup or the second one has just been so chopped as to make it look chinseyer I'm just bored and wanting my watch. :P:

PS don't tell my wife, she'd kill me, she thinks I didn't order one. I'll suprise her some day in the distant future.

has it been 6-8 weeks yet? I'm freakin out. This watch will rule, but will the numbers be silver or the yellowish kind, the two pics you have almost look like different watches I don't think the hands matchup or the second one has just been so chopped as to make it look chinseyer I'm just bored and wanting my watch. :P:

PS don't tell my wife, she'd kill me, she thinks I didn't order one. I'll suprise her some day in the distant future.

Relax Ben, its only been 3 weeks to date. Harassing the postman wont do any good either! :P

Sorry - macro pictures are so hard to get right.......

The numbers "can" look yellowish under certain light conditions, but are really white/silver colored. The "glowing in the dark" paint act this way on photos.

The picture below is the best one regarding the actual colors and shape of the hands. Please start up your imagination skills and remove the Junkers name and logo and add the Moto Guzzi eagle.

13.jpg

Anyway, I still have a few spare watches - mail me if you want one.

Newcomers should be aware that this watch is a limited (very limited) production run of a high quality mechanical wrist watch, initiated by immensely strong support from the international Moto Guzzi community.

The watch is in production right now, and should be ready for delivery in about 7 weeks.

I've been into bikes and wrist watches for 20+ years, and I can honestly tell you that I've never seen a motorcycle wrist watch in this quality level before - ever !

You may have seen the red and black dialed Ducati/Breil wrist watch, which is one of the better bike watches around. Even here, the movement is a cheap quartz machine, and the watch is terribly overpriced.

So, my initial thought of a fine Moto Guzzi watch quickly developed among dedicated owners worldwide, and the project became a reality in less than two weeks. I've spend a lot of hours on this project and I'm never going make a living out of it, so my initial promise stands: This is a one time opportunity to own a Moto Guzzi watch in this design and level of quality.

/Jens

jenslh@guzzitech.dk

The watch is in production right now, and should be ready for delivery in about 7 weeks.

I've been into bikes and wrist watches for 20+ years, and I can honestly tell you that I've never seen a motorcycle wrist watch in this quality level before - ever !

I have seen once,a Guzzi watch some time ago , it was a chronograph ,claiming to have a valjux7750, quite OK looking, selling around $500.

But it is better to have a watch around made for "Guzzisti",by "Guzzisti"

I have seen once,a Guzzi watch some time ago , it was a chronograph ,claiming to have a valjux7750, quite OK looking, selling around $500.

But it is better to have a watch around made for "Guzzisti",by "Guzzisti"

Yes, I've seen the Guzzi watch with the 7750 movement. The Valjoux 7750 is fine, but the general finish of case and bracelet is horrible. (And I really, really dont like the design)

They can be found on eBay occationally - See one here: http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTO-GUZZI-75TH-ANNIV-...7QQcmdZViewItem

/Jens

ahh who wears a watch any longer??? They are soon to be a thing of the past. Everyone now has a cellphone on their hip or in their hand with the EXACT time on it. :wacko:

screw that, I'll never allow my cell phone to replace my wrist watch, and the watch is more of a thing of style than an actual time peice. I feel naked without one. I also would like to find a cell phone that doesn't have games, apps, web browsing, ect. because all that stuff costs big money and makes current phones freeze up all the time, I want to go back to a nokia 5200 or whatever number it was that just rang, and dialed numbers, and did it well.

BTW, my ring tone, is a RINGER, it just rings.

you might think this is just the ramblings of an old sod :oldgit: , I'm only 26. :ninja: I must be 56 inside :lol:

Guest Mattress

ahh who wears a watch any longer??? They are soon to be a thing of the past. Everyone now has a cellphone on their hip or in their hand with the EXACT time on it. :wacko:

Personally, once I figured out the wiring to the spinal column, I find the CPU from the first Terminator works even better.

screw that, I'll never allow my cell phone to replace my wrist watch, and the watch is more of a thing of style than an actual time peice. I feel naked without one. I also would like to find a cell phone that doesn't have games, apps, web browsing, ect. because all that stuff costs big money and makes current phones freeze up all the time, I want to go back to a nokia 5200 or whatever number it was that just rang, and dialed numbers, and did it well.

You'r right , and even more ,a mechanical watch is a real time piece and won't need any battaries. :D

I have a ring ring as well.

you might think this is just the ramblings of an old sod :oldgit: , I'm only 26. :ninja: I must be 56 inside :lol:

I'm with you Ben, my phone plays no irritating tunes, just rings. And I'll never, ever "wear" it.

Watches on the other hand are something I can't live without.

I'm with you Ben, my phone plays no irritating tunes, just rings. And I'll never, ever "wear" it.

Watches on the other hand are something I can't live without.

I wear my phone on my hip, but only for work, if I had it in my pocket it would get destroyed from a keg or case of beer or something. :blush:

I did put my wife's ringer to "the good, the bad, and the ugly" she gets some intersting looks :grin:

btw jaap, or anyone from europe I suppose, we deliver both Grolsch and Heineken, is that wrong? I have a feeling its why heineken doesn't like the company I work for anymore :huh2:

I figure it would be like someone trying to sell Miller and Budweiser out of the same place, would piss off both breweries. :huh: