Pitt was mechanical, the other three lowsided.

Thanks Jim. My lo res connection was terrible - stopping constantly. More like getting a series of snapshots. And now you only get 1 replay with the package. Looks like they're trying to get everyone to sign up for hi res. I may reverse charges on my credit card and call it quits with the "official" site. It's never been good. Now it's truly bad, and extortionist to boot.

Correction - sorry.

Crashed Out or Retired / DNF (Laps from finish):

* Andrew PITT - Ilmor GP (M) - 30'31.099 - Mechanical 7 laps down - Retired to Pits

* Carlos CHECA - Honda LCR (M) - 15'53.958 - Crashed 14 laps down - Rider OK

* Randy DE PUNIET - Kawasaki Racing - 13'56.908 - Crashed 15 laps down - Rider OK

* Loris CAPIROSSI - Ducati Marlboro - 11'53.279 - Crashed 16 laps down - Rider OK

* Not starting: Jeremy McWILLIAMS - Ilmor GP

Well l guess Casey's THE MAN !!!!

(l tried to post a pic from the Sticky Rubber site but it won't)

Well done Duc :helmet: and Stoner !!! :thumbsup:

God, he's so young he makes Val look all grown up.... :D

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Casey's still young is true, but has been on the GP stage since he was 14. Started on 125's and followed the circus with his parents home schooled in their motorhome all those years. One year spent $27,000 in toll road fees alone. Thats parental dedication. He really wanted to get there. He's a really nice guy, met him in Phillip Island in 2003 signed my son's T shirt and had a great chat with him. Lucio Checinello obviously had faith in him and really gave him a leg up. I hope he can make make it.

Still "one swallow does not a summer make"

It will be interesting how the tighter circuits affects the Ducs straight line speed.

Should be a great season with 4 different manufacturers all vying for top spot, no longer the Honda cup. :2c: