Hole in fuel filter.

Guest SDKFZ111

Guest SDKFZ111

Good afternoon chaps, Here is an update on my bikes fueling problem. Bought the new filter(had it assembled to fuel pump at dealers ' Twiggers ') £22. I fitted the assembly into fuel tank and added 1 gallon of 'V power' fuel. Turned on the ignition, nothing no lights or fuel pump clicking! When I was first trying to locate the problem I had pulled apart quite a few of the block electrical connectors (as suggested on this web site)to check for corrosion but all connections were in perfect condition but I had omitted to fully push home one of the connectors! With the connection now made the bike started much better than of late. Gave the bike a good road testing and the bike is now performing in the correct manner, like its old self! :):):)

Excellent!

So, I guess you are keeping the bike :D

On my previous diagnosis, I did not consider that you might have the fuel filter inside the tank. :homer:

So, maybe your mechanic and Hercule were correct :bier:

Or maybe it was electrical all along? :huh2:

Guest SDKFZ111

Excellent!

So, I guess you are keeping the bike :D

On my previous diagnosis, I did not consider that you might have the fuel filter inside the tank. :homer:

So, maybe your mechanic and Hercule were correct :bier:

Or maybe it was electrical all along? :huh2:

Yes I will keep the bike for the moment. The problem was definately the hole in the filter which must have caused a drop in fuel pressure and presumably a weakened mixture. I still do not like the thought of those bare wires and connectors immersed in fuel though! This week the bike will have to have its first Mot test (road worthyness test) after which I hope to have a long ride out and see how she performs. :thumbsup: