Rear rack

ALdad

I am thinking of putting on a motomecca rear carrier on my V11 sport. Anybody tried one? Hows the build quality and fitment? Any pics would be great. http://www.motomeccaspares.com/illustrated...accessories.php

I've got one. Seems to be very well made, but won't fit with the seat hump on without modification. Front is secured by the two allen bolts under the rear of the seat, while the rear has rubber feet which sit on the tail piece. Because of this it's not really suitable for carrying any sort of heavy load, but is fine for a small bag of bits - which is what I bought it for. It is also alot cheaper and better looking than the MG rack.

The seat hump would need two grooves filing into it to give the front supports of the rack space between the hump and the tailpiece. I was going to photograph it but the wife appears to have buggered off to work with the camera...

It just takes a bit of judicious sawing. Easy to do. Looks alright, I originally got it to so the mrs. would have something to hang on to, but she can't actually get a good grip with a gloved hand. Still kept it on ,though. No photo's I'm afraid, I'm er, in Australia...dunno why, really.