User manual V11 LM

Guest Arcavis

Guest Arcavis

When I have bought my second-hand Le Mans 2001 15 days ago, there was no user manual with it. So I am looking for a place where I could get it as I have found the following since I have it:

1/ the engine sometimes stops when the motorbike is warm and that I stop for a break. When I am trying to start it again it is not so easy as the engine coughs with strange noise in the exhausts. Is it a problem of injection or with the idle that make the engine stopping when warm?

2/ choke: when the engine is cold and that I am trying to put the choke in, I see no difference in the speed of the motor. I have no problme to start the engine but it seems strange to me.

3/ Finally I sometimes have a empty space between the 2nd speed and the third one, both when accelerating or decelerating. I guess I have to be more franc with it but it seems strange that I have it only between these two ones.

Any clue on these matters?

Does someone has any information on where I could have a User manual (English or French, even Italiano would be OK)?

I thank you in advance for your help !

When I have bought my second-hand Le Mans 2001 15 days ago, there was no user manual with it. So I am looking for a place where I could get it as I have found the following since I have it:

1/ the engine sometimes stops when the motorbike is warm and that I stop for a break. When I am trying to start it again it is not so easy as the engine coughs with strange noise in the exhausts. Is it a problem of injection or with the idle that make the engine stopping when warm?

May be a vapor lock (or "tank suck")...when the motor stops, immediately open your gas cap...listen for air rushing in, or see the tank "enlarges" to orginal shape. Check to see if the motor now restarts. If so, you need to clear the vent line path on the tank, which has numerous posts here.

2/ choke: when the engine is cold and that I am trying to put the choke in, I see no difference in the speed of the motor. I have no problme to start the engine but it seems strange to me.

The choke is really more of a fast idle for the injection system...look on the injector linkage for the point that the "choke" cable connects (believe it is on the left side) and see if you can adjust it where the throttle is held a little more open.

3/ Finally I sometimes have a empty space between the 2nd speed and the third one, both when accelerating or decelerating. I guess I have to be more franc with it but it seems strange that I have it only between these two ones.

Do you mean a false neutral in the gear box?

Any clue on these matters?

Does someone has any information on where I could have a User manual (English or French, even Italiano would be OK)?

I thank you in advance for your help !

Guest Arcavis

Thank you Stormsedge

I am going to have a look at your check list.

re-engine's caughing: it nearly disappeared sinds I do not go higher in the rpm. Maybe if I was too strong with the engine (more than 6-7 rpm) and the motorbike does not like that. Now I am riding it like a 'signora' (6-6 rpm) and obviously she prefers that :blush: Anyway as I have still a warranty I keep that in mind and as soon as it appears again I will have a check with the vendor. Your description of the problem seems the good one ! :bier:

re-choke: I am gonna check it. Thanks !

re-false neutral: yes that's correct. and it happens more and more, even if I concentrate on it. First of all, I think that the engine's sound is not the same when switching from IInd to the third one, even if the third one is OK. But when it is not... :( I am trying to cut the gaz totally off before switching to the third one, but sometimes it simply does not make it... :huh2:

Do you think it can be corrected with the warranty or is it a problem with the gear box that cannot be solved without changing it?

Anyway I like it so much... :mg: