new to forum but not to Guzzi

HeavyD

Hi there , just found your forum and website - nice stuff -

little about me - bought my first Guzzi in 86 - was an LM2 in great condition. Rode it for many years and eventually had to sell it when I got married. Made the mistake of buying a BMW r1100rt 2 years ago after many years out of the saddle and just ended up yearnign for a Guzzi. Sold the Beemer and now searching for the "right" bike. Mate and myself started up a guzzi website totally dedicated to promoting all things Guzzi so I am no stranger to the Thunder World of Guzzi .l

A V11 Le Mans is one of the bikes I am considering - either that or a Cali-

Hi to you all and look forward to chatting with ya all

A V11 Le Mans is one of the bikes I am considering - either that or a Cali-

Hi to you all and look forward to chatting with ya all

Welcome!

"A man's got to know his limitations" - The Pale Rider

In this context: what kind of riding do you prefer/do most? If you're looking for racking up serious touring miles, well, the Cali is almost certainly your better bet; if you enjoy a more sporting/aggressive riding profile w/ shorter ride durations, then the more sport-oriented spine frames would be your cuppa.

The Breva seems to be the happy medium of the newer models, delivering a good combo of the Cali's touring capabilities w/ the Sport models' handling and vigor; a "good all-rounder" as they say, although that's kind of "damning w/ faint praise."

Me, if I had the money, I'd have a bright yeller Griso in the stable, but there's no way I'm replacing my LeMans w/ one: it'd have to be an addition! :thumbsup:

Best o' luck w/ your website plans!

:mg:

Guest guzzidude1100i

Good choices, I love my Cali and my V11 LeMans. Due to health concerns I'll be selling my LeMans if you care to have a look.

Tom :helmet:

"... had to sell it when I got married. Made the mistake..."

Sold one of my bikes years ago preceding a divorce. Don't miss either.

The LeMans is a bike I ride sometimes for no reason except to ride.

Welcome, and nice site :thumbsup:

Welcome HeavyD. My first Guzzi was a LM11 too - still got it tho it's got mixed in with the T3 I got later. Cali is feetforward laid back style touring, V11LeMans is faster sport touring, similar in feel to the LM11 in the way the fairing (only had a brief ride but seems to work reallly well) sits you in still air...it's a bigger, softer more bulky feeling thing (than LM11)....tho first time I sat on a V11 it was amazing how much like the old bikes it felt...The new bikes are worth a look - Breva & Griso seem very sorted, have a new 6 speed box & rear trans design that seems a big step beyond what went befiore...& dual plugs...but seem to have a little less grunt, &...err...character? Breva feels very comfortable (only had a v short ride, but seat seems really nice...).... seen cafe club crew unloading v low miles Grisos...

KB :sun:

Welcome HeavyD. My first Guzzi was a LM11 too - still got it tho it's got mixed in with the T3 I got later. Cali is feetforward laid back style touring, V11LeMans is faster sport touring, similar in feel to the LM11 in the way the fairing (only had a brief ride but seems to work reallly well) sits you in still air...it's a bigger, softer more bulky feeling thing (than LM11)....tho first time I sat on a V11 it was amazing how much like the old bikes it felt...The new bikes are worth a look - Breva & Griso seem very sorted, have a new 6 speed box & rear trans design that seems a big step beyond what went befiore...& dual plugs...but seem to have a little less grunt, &...err...character? Breva feels very comfortable (only had a v short ride, but seat seems really nice...).... seen cafe club crew unloading v low miles Grisos...

KB :sun:

If I had enough cash I would really like the new 1200 Sport - gorgeous bike.

But my budget limits me to a used Guzzi - never actually ridden a Cali but my large frame and big stomach would probably suit the Cali . Just need a long beard ;)