Front Fender Extension??

Geoff 888

Anyone know where I can get one in the UK for my V11 Sport??

You're actually in a position to help the rest of us here in V11LM-land out! Pyramid Plastics [the people who make Fenda Xtendas] don't have very great penetration here in the U.S., & moreover, there's a lot of bikes available in Europe that aren't, here[1].

Anyway, PP doesn't make a Guzzi-specific model for the V11sesesss's. After some digging, I uncovered rumours/legends/netmyths to the effect that Xtendas for the Yammie FJ1200/FJ1100 might be a good match; likewise, that the one for the Honda Varadero? NTV650? & quite possibly the SuziQ SV650 might be likely prospects. I believe there was a K'wakker model somewhere in that list too, but I don't have it handy & can't be bothered to look it up just now...

How about you take your Goose down to a dealer that will allow you to try different models against your Guzzi's fender, and report back here? The only reason I haven't done this already is that I'd have shelled out over $100 in "possibles" w/ no chance to return them for a refund, since the U.S. vendor I contacted about this ages ago said they'd have to import all these special [they only carry a limited stock, not the full line] to find out which fits, and I ain't made o' money... :thumbsup:

Ride on!

:mg:

[1] BTW, when did the U.S., once the world's largest market for motorcycles, become a 3rd world backwater for which manufacturers can't be bothered to import their latest models?

This is the model I bought. It can be made to fit with some work, but it's not a simple cut and paste.

Yes, I think the FJ fitment is supposed to be the best fit, but since it's all rumour until we can get confirmation, it's good to know the NTV isn't the prime contender...

:mg:

I bought a Fenda Extenda for my Suzuki SV-650 and before installing it I set it against the Guzzi carbon fender on my V11 (one piece, not stock fender, so it may be a different shape). The plastic extenda seemed to have about the right profile, but the trailing edge of the Guzzi fender didn't match the curve of the extenda very well. Some trimming of the plastic would be necessary, but I intend to buy another one for the Goose unless a better match appears. They come with sheet metal screws and contact adhesive tape, but I ditched the screws in favor of stainless 3 mm button heads, washers and nyloc nuts. 16mm length srews I think. Look a lot better and won't scratch the tire

I just looked at the Pyramid Plastics web site, and the FJR 1300 fenda extenda looks like it might be a better fit for the V-11

Moto Pierre

Thanks for that note, Pierre: the FJR13 is new enough that the U.S. importer might already be carrying it & therefore willing to take a return if fitment is unsatisfactory. Mille gracie!

:bike:

I took another look at the FJR 1300 on Pyramid's site and its fender appears to have a sharp crease along its entire arc where the Guzzi fender is a smooth curve in both planes. I e-mailed Rev's Performance in Atlanta that shows most of the Pyramid line on their site, asking them what might be the best fit for the Guzzi. I'll pass along their reply.

Moto Pierre T

• 3 months later...

Pyramid plastics GPZ 500 Kawasaki fender extender with a little bit of trimming fits perfectly.

It would be very usefull for myself and other people to know which model GPZ500 fender extender to use. As far as I can see there are 3 variations available. I await a reply with interest

Thanks

Guest GUZZI@50

I think it was the pre 98 fender but i cant be sure on that,I'm afraid my memory is fading from old age

• 5 months later...
Guest tarmacsurfer
I think it was the pre 98 fender but i cant be sure on that,I'm afraid my memory is fading from old age

Hope nobody minds me digging-up this old topic... are we still saying a GPZ 500 pre-98 is the best fit ? anyone tried something better ?

Cheers !

• 9 months later...

This just in, under a thread about removing the forks!

Hi, in response to your question about fender extender, I fitted a Triumph accessories fender extender part No. A9701040 to my 2002 v11 sport naked which has good length and flows in with the lines of the front mudguard. It is almost a perfect fit, requires no modification and looks made for purpose when fitted. See attached pic. Should be available from any Triumph dealer. Can't remember what model it was for but just use part number above. Cheers. jamesguzzi

Pic of bike w/ fender extension from original post

Lookin' sweet!

PS - a quick google on the part# turns up that it's for the following bikes:

Thunderbird 1995 > 1998

Thunderbird 1999 >

Adventurer 1996 > 1998

Adventurer 1999 >

Legend TT 1998 >