Barend weight

mdude

My left barend weight is stuck. I'm not ready to use all of my 100 kgs of brute force and beergut to just manhandle it loose from the clipon because the clipon itself seems to give a little bit when I force it. How do I do it? (must take them off in order to either put on heavier items OR modify them in order to put on the CRG mirrors that languish in the drawer). Since it is stuck now it seems like a good idea to take them off anyway, grease'em up and put them back on.

My left barend weight is stuck. I'm not ready to use all of my 100 kgs of brute force and beergut to just manhandle it loose from the clipon because the clipon itself seems to give a little bit when I force it. How do I do it? (must take them off in order to either put on heavier items OR modify them in order to put on the CRG mirrors that languish in the drawer). Since it is stuck now it seems like a good idea to take them off anyway, grease'em up and put them back on.

I used a bit of rag around the bar end's(to protect) and applied some pressure with vice grips then turned the Allen screw. :bier:

• 3 weeks later...

I find that MG assemblers don't use any anti-seize when assembling these motorcycles. Some say that they have lost the grease-pot as well. I have had much trouble disassembling my bike because of this issue of corrosion between dissimilar metals. I now use anti-seize or Lok-tite on all fasteners, most of which had to be replaced because of this issue. :bbblll:

Anyway, past that rant.... I have had great success with good quality penetrating oil left to soak on most all of these situations (NOT WD-40).

For the bar-end weight fasteners I peeled back the left hand grip rubber and drilled a 1/16 hole a couple of inches from the bar end (the right side requires removing the throttle) and shooting the oil in there. :thumbsup: