Plastic headlight cover?

guzziownr

Probably for rock chips etc. I have a clear bra piece that I have on my headlight. Its a clear vinyl used to protect paint from rock chips but it also works well for the headlight. It can be replaced easier than a new glass headlight....

Richard Z.

I'm on my second stone chipped head light.

small hole

I've yet to get around to trying to plug it with epoxy adhesive as a temporary repair

Ventura the bike pack luggage people also offer a cover

and yes I'm kicking myself for not fitting one after the first head light was smashed comprehensively

I've also lost an indicator lens following KB (too closely) on an overtake as crossed over the crap in the centre of the road

IMG_0454.jpg

The sticky bit under the hole is where the electrical tape was, that masked off the main beam for it's annual road worthyness test as a LHD headlight was fitted after the first headlight smashed :luigi:

Cheap insurance. I have the vinyl cut-to-fit stuff from Aerostich. You can't really tell it's there, and costs about $14, as I recall. Not sure what the headlight costs, but I'm sure it's not cheap. :mg:

Guest Britcheflee

My billybob was the first bike I ever had that got a chipped headlight glass - didnt hear anything but after a long ride got home and there was a perfect hole just about in the same location as the pic above - the new headlight unit was very very expensive as you cannnot just replace the glass.

I am thinking of getting one of these for future insurance.

Lee

I agree...

I have the Cee-Bailey unit on my beemer and clear film on the Lemans. The film does distort the light beam a little, but not enough to cause any problem. That big ole honken headlight is one reason wy my old eyes like the Lemans.

Just for fun... The headlight lense replacement cost on the beemer is greater than $400. My plastic cover has several nicks in it after about 62,000 miles.

:bike: