Idle Speed

NorBSATriGuzzi

The fast idle lever is on the left bar. The lever that moves up and down (some may call it a choke) increasing the idle when starting cold. Check that it is fully "up". Then go to the left side throttle body - in front and below you will see where the fast idle cable attaches (move the lever and you'll find it). With the lever fully up, loosen the cable clamp and make sure there is no tension in the cable when you do it back up.

If this does not help, it is time to set your TPS (throttle position sensor). Lots of threads on this.

good luck!

Rj

The fast idle lever is on the left bar. The lever that moves up and down (some may call it a choke) increasing the idle when starting cold. Check that it is fully "up". Then go to the left side throttle body - in front and below you will see where the fast idle cable attaches (move the lever and you'll find it). With the lever fully up, loosen the cable clamp and make sure there is no tension in the cable when you do it back up.

If this does not help, it is time to set your TPS (throttle position sensor). Lots of threads on this.

good luck!

Rj

Ahhh...yep, I call it the choke...will do, Thanks!

On a dead cold start in the morning, the idle is about 900 rpm.

After riding for a while, it seems to idle in the 1,100-1,200 range when I pull up to a stop.

So I think 1,500 is still a bit high.

Guest Nogbad

1000 to 1100. Sounds happy. You don't want to go too slow because this makes the clutch rattle worse.