Titanium ex. and ECU

Guest John T

Guest John T

Rode a bike with the Titanium exhaust and upgraded ECU. The bike rode fine but not perfect. Sounded nice though.

My question is this: Does anyone know if this unit actually has different timing from the original?

My dealer states that MGNA has not been given specs on these units and he is not sure what they actually do except probably just alter the air/feul ratio for the exhaust. (like a PC)

I want to see some before and after dyno runs on these units to see what they do.

Seat of the pants dynos don't count as more sound to most riders makes it seem like more power.

Just a little skeptical..........

<_<

If it has different timing, then our dual plugging and hi compression running friends might benefit from it.

The combination is alleged to increase HP by 7 ponies.

see http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...=464&hl=playboy

I kind of doubt it could be street legal and still get 7HP. But maybe it is only for off road use....like where? the bedroom with the bunny? :P

And I agree that more sound gives a feeling of more power.

Nothing wrong with that!

Guest Guest

I have the Guzzi Ti exhaust and ECU on my 2001 V11 sport. Working with Terry Walker at MGNA about performance issues (it misses between 3-4K and will not idle).

Terry has told me the timing is changed on the ECU. The ECU has a big sticker on it "Moto Guzzi Ti Performance System" I beleive that to be the case because I have run the bike with the stock ECU and pipes and beleive that the changes are more than just fuel curve. Yes, 7HP difference is a lot to get from just a fuel curve change.

The Italian site for Moto Guzzi does state the system is NOT for street Use. Fortunatly here in the US we don't have the concerns that folks have in Europe in this area.

Scott from Seattle

Guest scottd132

The timing change is not a result of the exhaust flow needs but a" lossening up" on the feds requirements relative to emmisions. As noted the system is not leagal for on road use (legal speak wise).

I'd put a lot of money on it being a ex-race engine builder in the auto industry.

Scott