More LSR Guzzisti

Skeeve

It's doomed.

From the bike description page: "alloy timing gears"

Yes, I already posted a comment to the f/x that "you won't gain enough redline to make this worth the potential engine damage." Who knows if they'll listen?

callison

I don't think Team Cooked Goose exists anymore so there probably isn't any rivalry.

Well, yeah, I kinda knew that: the description was more for effect & to explain "LSR" so I wouldn't have to fit "Land Speed Record" in the thread title... ;)

If you look in the gallery, you can see what the bike looks like w/ the longer Jackal swingarm: my, but don't those shocks lay down a bit now! Looking interesting, & it should be fun to follow along on the website, to say the least!

:mg:

Bill Ross came by my place and picked up a late model Jackal engine to pirate a few bits, dont underestimate his resolve to go fast. He know's his stuff and the folks he's working with are great as well. Expect these underdogs to do well at Bonneville. I'm donating to the cause and all guzzisti should consider this as well. Bill sponsors Guzzi charity benefits for the needy yearly and is a great guy, he makes me proud to be a guzzi guy, I wish his team all the best.

Ditto,

I have talked to Bill Ross at length and the key to going fast is being slippery. It is hard to get hp from a Guzzi, being aero is the best way to regain the LSR. I donated my Jackal swing arm to the cause, and I will be donating more parts and or $$$$$

Mike

I have talked to Bill Ross at length and the key to going fast is being slippery. It is hard to get hp from a Guzzi, being aero is the best way to regain the LSR....

That's probably the real reason that Guzzi stopped racing in '57; the FIM outlawed dustbin fairings [which Guzzi had invented, using their wind tunnel] which is about all that had enabled their 350cc & 500cc singles to remain competitive. Guzzis & aerodynamics just seem to go hand in hand... ;)

Guest ratchethack

Here's a shot of the '87 LM SE in mid October of last year, literally days before the boys began to "hack it up" preparatory to rebuilding it as THE MANDELLO METEOR. It was SO gorgeous that I begged and pleaded Bill not to do it, but the boys were havin' none of it. They're GOIN' RACING, and NOTHIN' is gonna stop 'em.... B)

May the gods of speed be with them! :mg:

post-1212-1176848280_thumb.jpg