Billet pegs - problem fitting it

slowkitty

Hiya ... bought a set of billet pegs for my 2002 V11 Scura, but have problems with fitting on the clutch lever; as I cannot link it to the gear change on the transmission.

pedaneant.jpg

The parts look exactly like the billet set on the left column here for the V11 Sport Ballabio:

http://www.motoguzzi.it/Nuovi_modelli/v11b...&pagina=acc

My tech told me that the Scura has a different clutch position from the V11 Sport. True or false? I thought otherwise.

Anyone has the fit on instructions? thanks.

Cheers

Cat

Problem is that when I replace the stock clutch lever with the billet one, it fits outside the "pork chop", not inside. and the extra metal piece can't seem to fit anywhere where it will actuate the clutch.

sorry to be so vague, but it is hard to describe without pictures; will try to illustrate it by taking pics this weekend.

Anyone has fitted these and have pics of the clutch lever?

Cheers, and thanks

Cat

Problem is that when I replace the stock clutch lever with the billet one, it fits outside the "pork chop", not inside. and the extra metal piece can't seem to fit anywhere where it will actuate the clutch.

sorry to be so vague, but it is hard to describe without pictures; will try to illustrate it by taking pics this weekend.

Anyone has fitted these and have pics of the clutch lever?

Cheers, and thanks

Cat

I'm sure that you mean shift lever, not clutch lever. I have never seen that kit installed but looking at the picture I'd guess that the piece that is farthest to the right should be attached to the shift shaft on the transmission so that the boss will extend out past the porkchop. I can't tell if the new shift lever will attach directly to that boss or if you need to re-use the stock shift link.

Good luck and please post pics when you're done.

You are right, it should be shift lever! See my level of angst?

pedaneantcopy.jpg

Basically I'm sure that Part A connects to Part B, and then Part C then either connects to

(a) the two holes on part 16 on the diagram below, or

shiftlever.jpg

(B) Part C connects to the part marked X of the transmission below:

Transmission.jpg

The problem is that the billet part containing Part B/C is not long enough to reach Part X of the transmission.

Cheers, and thanks

Cat

:huh: Now I'm confused... I took A to be the footpeg, B to be the shifter, and C to be the trans coupler. Paul seems to figure the letters are the connecting points on the bits...

I think we're both saying the same thing though... if you follow...

Rj

:huh: Now I'm confused... I took A to be the footpeg, B to be the shifter, and C to be the trans coupler. Paul seems to figure the letters are the connecting points on the bits...

I think we're both saying the same thing though... if you follow...

Oops ... sorry for my being clearer.

A, B and C on the billet diagram refer to the various holes in the parts; A to the shifter's 2 eyelets (haven't figured out why 2 and only one comes with a nut), B has a threaded hole that is the same size as the supplied nut, C has a larger none-threaded hole same size as the part marked X.

The footpeg is easy, it goes through the biggest hole inthe shifter and then holds the shifter to the pork chop.

Will take pic tmr when I hit the workshop.

Cheers

Cat

The two eyes on the shifter (A) are there so you can have some up/down adjustment in the angle of the shifter. I have all these parts except the transmission coupler, so I can only offer conjecture...

My thought was that the transmission coupler attached to the stock dogleg right off the transmission. I could well be incorrect, though.

The two eyes on the shifter (A) are there so you can have some up/down adjustment in the angle of the shifter. I have all these parts except the transmission coupler, so I can only offer conjecture...

My thought was that the transmission coupler attached to the stock dogleg right off the transmission. I could well be incorrect, though.

You are right on the dogleg (is that what you call it?) cos' the hold got teeth marks which I imagine would fit exactly the dogleg's. Tomorrow i'll try using the stock shift link and use it as a bridge.

Cheers

Cat

You are right on the dogleg (is that what you call it?) cos' the hold got teeth marks which I imagine would fit exactly the dogleg's. Tomorrow i'll try using the stock shift link and use it as a bridge.

Cheers

Cat

You are on the right track now. I have the same billet footpegs and they work great. You will hopefully find that your bike shifts much smoother and more precise with this kit. My bike was much improved.

Remember to take the whole assemby apart next winter and clean and relube it or you may find the bushings wearing excessively.

I can try and get a picture of mine if you are still having trouble!

Cheers

Jim

Thanks to all ..... HERE'S IT!!!!!!!!!!

Image011.jpg

Am so so happy! :P

Cheers

Cat

Yup! That's the way she goes together. I had to try a couple of different positions for the lever on the shifter shaft before it felt and shifted right but when I hit the right combo it worked really well.

I hope you checked the lube on the bushes before assembly.

Well done.

Jim