HELP !

rda

I have had several of these problems on my bike.

The ECU (rear most) relay problem will usually not allow the fuel pump to pressure up. If the pump is pressuring up this is not the relay. Could still be a relay problem because sometimes they don't stop working completely.

Check the clutch bullet connectors as someone mentioned. I don't think this is it.

Check for tank suck (tip over valve)

Does putting the kickstand up, and or in neutral have any effect. Is the neutral light on or intermitent. This can be a clue as to a neutral switch issue.

Last but not least is the vapor lock issue. How hot does it get in Scotland? If so maybe!

If you suspect this and you can get it to repeat have a screwdriver handy and disconnect the fuel line from the cut off to the pump (Key off) As soon as you crack the seal the air (vapor) will bleed off. Reconnect and try to start. This worked for me on more than one event. If this is the problem I have a fix. This problem usually occurs when you have been riding stop and let sit, heat radiates and the bike will not start or starts and runs poorly (bucks, kicks, etc.).

Good luck