How much fork above the triple clamps 01 V11S?

Willyz

In my excitement to install my Magni fairing a few months ago, I neglected to remember if the forks were raised in the triple clamps at all. When I reassembled it, I just mounted the forks "flush" to the triple clamp. Now it seems the steering is a bit slow, or it could be my imagination....

What is the stock positiion of the forks for an 01 V11 Sport?

Bill

Kansas

01 Rosso

My Y2K V11 Sport came with the forks flush. After increasing my preload with spacers(16 mm!), I dropped the triple clamp 10 mm. My stability (acid) test is 90 mph passing 80 mph trucks on the freeway. It could probably drop the other 6mm , or perhaps more, pending stability and any tendency for the side stand to touch down.

The other factors that figure in are your tire pressures, rear preload and rear tire size.

Guest scottd132

I have a 2001 V11 sport. I just checked the dimension on mine for you. .120 inch tall. Just raised to the height above the mark on the caps for adjustments.

This was set this way from stock. Yes you can change the steering speed by decreasing the distance from the steering head to the ground.

Scott from Seattle

I'm not at home, so can't measure, but Scott sound's about the same as mine. I can just see a mark (ring) on the forks above the clamp- almost, but not quite flush.

Jason

I took the opportunity to raise the forks by 3mm after installing a Magni on my Y2K V11S (stock was flush to the top of the tube) but also increased length of pre-load spacer by 11mm in order to decrease sag.

Gio