Black Bastard

badmotogoozer

Put plates on the Black Bastard ('01 V11 Sport) Saturday and bombed it out to Mission for the M/C races Sunday. After nearly 2 years of sorting and repairing I've been rewarded with a Guzzi that's running like never before. Even new it wasn't anywhere near this good in all aspects!

She's running smooth. Doesn't fight me in the corners anymore. Mileage is up to ~34 MPG (40MPG UK) from mid/low twenties. Trans not leaking. Nothing vibrated off (vibration far less than ever).

Feels like a different bike. :race: Looks like she gets to stay...

Thanks for the help! I've learned a ton from this forum and its members!

:bier:

Rj

Yeah, I was thinking I should have brought a camera - the track makes for some nice background... A bunch of other people took pics though - one guy spent 15 mins snapping away.

I'll take a bunch once I have the Pazzo's and the Hyperpro damper on. :pic:

Speaking of dampers, if you're still running the POS Bitubo take it off and check it off the bike. Most of the corner fighting was due to the damper feeling like it had gravel in it. Couldn't tell it had shite the bed when it was on the bike.

cheers,

Rj

Guest bassguy1111

Congratulations! There aren't too many feelings on God's green earth that match the feeling of a well-sorted Guzzi!

I know that this horse was already well-flogged on another thread, but what was your solution to stabilize your bike's handling in corners? Tires? Set-up??

Yeah, I was thinking I should have brought a camera - the track makes for some nice background... A bunch of other people took pics though - one guy spent 15 mins snapping away.

I'll take a bunch once I have the Pazzo's and the Hyperpro damper on. :pic:

Speaking of dampers, if you're still running the POS Bitubo take it off and check it off the bike. Most of the corner fighting was due to the damper feeling like it had gravel in it. Couldn't tell it had shite the bed when it was on the bike.

cheers,

Rj

I wouldn't mind checking out what you did to black beauty Ryan. Will you be at Calabria next?

What kind of stuff did you do to the bike?

Ciao, Steve

Steve - should be at the next Calabria - see you there!

Bassguy - ditching the stabilizer did wonders, I'm sure. Also changed to a smaller rear tire (160 from 170) (Avon Azzaro's) and replaced front srings with Wilburs. That helped a lot too as I'm a big boy. I'm thinking about getting a Wilburs rear but likely next summer. Upped the preload on the rear, got everything fairly well dialed in until I get to a bumpy twisty road...

cheers,

Rj