Tekno Frustrations

Guest Mattress

Guest Mattress

Before I started I searched the forum, so I was preprared for the frustration.

I took a stab at installing the Tekno bags kit on my 2004 model. I started with the right side of the bike and that was as far as I got because it wouldn't fit at all with the stock spacer, no way. I can cut the spacer in half as some have done. However, the extension to the fender I think will still be a problem. I don't think the short ring will seat flat to the rear fender at the bolt hole location. I looks like it will be a few millimeters away from the surface and at an angle. I was thinking of using some type of a rubber grommet as a spacer to take up slack between the fender and bracket. I was hoping I could bolt through it, tighten up the nut and maybe use a little locktite.

I hope I don't have to get into re-fabricating the brackets.......:(

I seem to remember mine fitting better with the lower mount to the inside of the passenger peg/exhaust bracket.

I've got mine mounted outside on the pillion peg hanger, and no spacers.

tekno_frame_2.jpg

Offer them up loose and wind them in. A fair amount of play in all the arms

But I did have a weld go on first usage - perhaps a tweak of the arm would have been better

120_2014.jpg

Arrgh that's better - bodge repair and coated in dirt

IMG_0969.jpg

I also mounted mine wih no spacer and seemed to work just fine. And Martin, mine also brokein the same place as yours, the welds were not very impressive. :vomit:

Hal

Guest Mattress

THANKS GUZZI FOLKS!!!!!

I hadn't thought of mounting without the spacer. Corporate America beats me up when I "think outside the box". But from all the fiddling I was doing I recall that the bracket seemed best aligned without much space between the upper mounting point and the passenger foot peg bracket. It would probably go together without the spacer.

Today I should get my MG shop stand and Stucchi X-over from MG Cycle. Yahoo! I'm feeling confident I can get the bike in ship shape soon.

I can't wait to hear what the sport sounds like with staintunes and the x-over. (Hopefully not too loud, but I could put the restrictors back in).