Coppa Italia Arrives Tomorrow (05212007)

joe camarda

After some lurking and much searching I located a 04 Coppa Italia not far from me. Priced fairly, like new condition, 6 K miles with MG Ti exhaust and ECU.

It arrives tomorrow (Monday) and I'm so excited I cant even think straight.

My original plan was to trade away the Coppa bodywork which I dont really care for. That may still happen but I may end up getting a second set of panels/tank and squirrelling away the Coppa stuff in the attic for the same reason that I saved stuff from all my other motorcycles...

:unsure: (meaning I dont know why).

See my posts in the "Classifieds" if you think you can help locate bodywork, especially you Corsa owners!

Anyway, just about 20 hours now and counting :rasta:

Great news, Joe! I've always liked the Coppa but have never seen one in person. Maybe it'll grow on you.

How long have you been without as V11?

Bike arrived today about 3 hours earlier than anticipated. I do have to admit that it seems to look better and better each time I see it :)

Sold my 01 V11 Sport in October 2005 to buy my Ducati Multistrada. Then I sold the Multistrada in May of 07 to buy the Coppa.

I'm feeling much better now :sun:

PS. But the plan is still to pull the Coppa bodywork and replace it with something a little drearier. :rasta: So I'm looking for a 03 or newer gas tank. Can anyone help?

Bike arrived today about 3 hours earlier than anticipated. I do have to admit that it seems to look better and better each time I see it :)

Sold my 01 V11 Sport in October 2005 to buy my Ducati Multistrada. Then I sold the Multistrada in May of 07 to buy the Coppa.

PS. But the plan is still to pull the Coppa bodywork and replace it with something a little drearier. :rasta: So I'm looking for a 03 or newer gas tank. Can anyone help?

Congrats with a great bike! DONT pull the bodywork yet, let it grow on you. I think it looks fab!

Congratulations Joe, Ain't it great, to happen by the garage door, stop, go back, open it, and STARE, and see HER...Buy the replacement bodywork, lay it out like you want, and retain the value of the matching VIN and the STOCK paint if you turn it over/for the love of it...or just ride the piss out of it, both are my plans. :rasta: S.H.

four_twenty_left.jpg

Congratulations Joe, Ain't it great, to happen by the garage door, stop, go back, open it, and STARE, and see HER...Buy the replacement bodywork, lay it out like you want, and retain the value of the matching VIN and the STOCK paint if you turn it over/for the love of it...or just ride the piss out of it, both are my plans. :rasta: S.H.

Thanks Savagehenry...Yes it is great to look into my garage and see the V11 setting there. And sometimes I get the feeling that it is looking back at me, all weepy like, and warm inside knowing that we were meant for each other :wacko:

So far I have the following body panels lined up:

Fairing/windscreen. Red from a Ballabio

Gas Tank. From a Rosso Corsa (New, coming from Italy. I'll probably be dead and buried by the time it arrives)

Side panels. From a V11

Several leads on the tailpiece and cowl. Used.

Does anyone have experience with Corbin seats?

:nopic:

We want to see her too :!:

Corbin = :vomit: Don't do it!!! Like riding on a slab of wood. Wait this is an 04 & the Corbins won't work on anything newer than an 01 due to the relays. So you don't have to be worried about being tempted by the dark side. :2c:

:mg:

The easiest way to cope with the seat is to buy an Airhawk. It can take a bad seat to great and a good seat to fantastic for $150 bucks. I always use it when taking a trip. I leave it off the rest of the time.

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

Does anyone have experience with Corbin seats?

Several persons have posted their experience of Corbin seats, all of it bad, iirc.

Rich Maund has a thread "stickied" to the top of either the 24/7 or Tech forums, I forget which. Nobody seems to have anything other than great things to say about his work... and his prices aren't unreasonable.

Check it out!

Several persons have posted their experience of Corbin seats, all of it bad, iirc.

Rich Maund has a thread "stickied" to the top of either the 24/7 or Tech forums, I forget which. Nobody seems to have anything other than great things to say about his work... and his prices aren't unreasonable.

Check it out!

thats no joke, I'll probably have my seat re-recovered by him b4 too long here. Hopefully I can get it done in some nice heavy leather like from a vanson jacket kinda leather, anyone got a crashed vanson jacket? :grin: but not sure how the silver will go with my rosso mandello scheme :huh2:

Guest GuzziLee

Joe,

I just received my red 04 BillyBob with 6k miles this week. Love it , but I was really looking for was a Coppa, go figure!! I love the Coppa. I am for sure interested in making this BB look like a Coppa. Are the fairing's different or the same? If you still want to off the Coppa bodywork let me know :bier: .

Lee

Hi Lee, and congrats on your new bike...I take it the Ballabio is called a Billy Bob. Anyway, I'm not yet sure of what I'm doing...and anyway even if I become sure, I sometimes change my mind :wacko:

I have most of the body work already lined up, including a Rosso Corsa gas tank! And yes, I believe that our bodywork is interchangeable.

Feel free to PM me occassionally to see if I've changed my mind.

Joe,

I just received my red 04 BillyBob with 6k miles this week. Love it , but I was really looking for was a Coppa, go figure!! I love the Coppa. I am for sure interested in making this BB look like a Coppa. Are the fairing's different or the same? If you still want to off the Coppa bodywork let me know :bier: .

Lee

Guest GuzziLee

Hi Lee, and congrats on your new bike...I take it the Ballabio is called a Billy Bob. Anyway, I'm not yet sure of what I'm doing...and anyway even if I become sure, I sometimes change my mind :wacko:

I have most of the body work already lined up, including a Rosso Corsa gas tank! And yes, I believe that our bodywork is interchangeable.

Feel free to PM me occassionally to see if I've changed my mind.

Joe, If you flop back and decide to sell all the Coppa body work do contact. I figure it would be better than looking for a Coppa and selling mine as this Billabio runs like a champ. it does have a couple of annoyances

- The annoying bussing from the fairing and other plastic parts.

-Oil sitting on the top of the cat, from seepage??causing a little smoking at start up.

Other than that so far so good and I love it.

Best of luck with your's

Lee