Drive box bearing

guzzijack

Looking at replacing the R/H drive box roller bearing on a '97 Centauro which I believe is the same as the V11Sport? Bike is currently being ridden (carefully!) on a tour of Euroland and will be back ay my place in 10 days or so and I want to get the parts in and ready to do the work - sort of a slo-mo pit stop

Anyone have the bearing number or spec or is this one of those wierd sizes that I have to go through the dealer network to source and hope that Italy haven't already started the pre-holiday wind down of the parts supply.

Looking at the parts book it seems to be capable of being removed from the offside with no other parts involved so should be a simple out and in job - or is it?

Advice welcome.

Graham

Hi Graham

I just replaced my roller bearing, the one that came out is a torrington HK2516.2RS, i got a replacement from a bearing shop (although not a torrington) next day delivery. I used a bearing puller to get it out ans it was easy enough. if you are going to try and knock it out from the other side be aware that the washer you see sits on a shoulder the other side of the bearing (washer comes out in the other direction ). :luigi:

Gary

Graham

the rear drive boxes of Centauro and V11 are very different.

The Centauro sports the rear drive introduced with the Daytona which is a slightly modified box common in every Tonti Guzzi.

The V11 box is a newly designed one that is only used in the V11 vehicles.

I doubt there will any bearing fit into the other box.

Graham

the rear drive boxes of Centauro and V11 are very different.

The Centauro sports the rear drive introduced with the Daytona which is a slightly modified box common in every Tonti Guzzi.

The V11 box is a newly designed one that is only used in the V11 vehicles.

I doubt there will any bearing fit into the other box.

I don't think so very different in this area! Maybe the very first Daytona series - Daytona 1000 - used a totally different modified Tonti big twin drive box and bearing but the Centauro/DaytonaRS/Sport 1100i use the same roller bearing as the V11Sport, part numbers 92252225 & 92259025 but maybe with the inner retaining washer residing with the bearing in the outside part of the case.

Graham