Alive ?

Guest aironepony

Guest aironepony

Next project................a sort of Bol D'Or race replica.

Starting with a LM2 that has been bored and sleeved to 950 and fitted with Cosworth pistons.

All the plastic will be off, .........Ducati 750S half fairing, ali endurance tank, single seat. no lights, Veglia tacho, spoked wheels.............all to be finished in that elusive factory race green. Does any one know a RAL or BS number for it I wonder :thumbsup:

Guest redguzziv10

ok, i'm quite prepared to be shot down in flames now, but...

my understanding is that British Racing Green is just a generic colour, and that the "official" colour is actually Jaguar Racing Green.

But, i'm willing to be proved wrong

ok, i'm quite prepared to be shot down in flames now, but...

my understanding is that British Racing Green is just a generic colour, and that the "official" colour is actually Jaguar Racing Green.

But, i'm willing to be proved wrong

I understood that the light grey /green was used on the 50's racers and was in fact a magnesium or alluminium primer ...guzzi were at the time at the forefront of aerodynamics as they had the windtunnel and used it to test their fairings.As they were also really conscious about weight savings , legend has it that they actually decided not to put a top coat on the factory race bikes ...hence the green primer colour .I guess they could save at least one or two kilos as simply as that !!!! The shareholders were probably also delighted by the cost savings...