Rev counter

Guest Buddy

Guest Buddy

Any ideas on where to start looking as to why the rev counter on my 200MY V11 has just stopped working? It now spends all its time showing between 85rpm and 2500 rpm irrespective of the engine speed.

Thanks. Buddy. Devon. England

I wouldn't worry about the Veglia. It's white and nice, but of bad quality and ancient technology.

Try to get a newer ITI unit and then transplant this into the Veglia housing.

Hubert

Hey Buddy,

May not be a fix but mine started doing funny things like jumping around and intermittently not working at all. I ran an additional earth wire from the instrument housing base plate to the crankcase and haven't had a bit of trouble since. Also ran an additional earth from crankcase (near the gearbox face) to the battery. There's a reference to it somewhere in old posts. Worth a try ?

Guest Buddy

Thanks for that. I will try running an extra earth before for I think about more serious diagnosis/replacement.

Thanks for that. I will try running an extra earth before for I think about more serious diagnosis/replacement.

Please don't forget to keep us informed how it worked!

And don't try to open the two posts on the downside of the housing. They come loose as soon as you turn them.

Hubert

Guest Buddy

Thanks for all the ideas - now I just need to find some time to sort it!

will let you know how it goes.

Buddy

Guest SMARTV11

Before you spend any money - swap the relays around, I would say this is the cause, as it was for me - the needle gets all bouncy before, bumping around on the stop pin.

Worth a try :2c: the relays, even bosch replacements don't last forever.

Paul

• 1 month later...
Guest Buddy

Just to keep you updated. I swapped the relays (no effect - they were all OK). Then took the bike out that night and after aprolonged thrash, guess what the rev counter started registering again.

Just one problem now, when coming off the throttle, the needle drops back to about 1500rpm before settling back at the correct reading. I'm going to play around with the earthing now. - I'll keep you posted.

Buddy <_<