The electrical saga continues

wambiker

Having discovered the battery was going flat due to a 0.7 amp discharge through the regulator, I rewired the main feed from the regulator to the battery and put a new fuse holder in, this cured the melting 30 amp fuse due presumably to resistance at the fuse connections. This did nothing to cure the discharge, but it was charging OK, so for the last couple of weeks I've been pulling the main fuse to stop the battery going flat. Today went out and the alternator light came, and the meter I've wired in temporarily showed there was no charge coming from the regulator. The alternator is putting out the correct outputs as per the manual, but nothing is coming out of the regulator :angry: So I've ordered another regulator and this one is going back for testing and hopefully a refund when they find it's knackered. Should be here tomorrow, as I need the bike to instruct on a police bikesafe scheme this weekend. We will see if this finally cures my electrical woes.

Cheers Gary :bier:

My regulator went tits up about a year ago. I erroneously thought replacement hadn't curred the problem as I didn't go back through the fuses etc between initial trouble shoot and replacement and managed to blow the fuse in the mean time. I'm sure you won't make that mistake. I hope it all works out.

Hi Martin, it was the regulator, when the new one arrived all the values across wires and to earths where completely different. There is also no discharge to the regulator, and I'm getting a nice healthy 14.5 volts to the battery. The knackered new regulator is going back to electrex on monday. We'll see what they say about it.

What's this gone geocaching now? is this instead or as well as rbr.

Cheers Gary.