People who can care less about motorcycles....

hoytstaab

It's always nice to have a stranger stop and say hello to you just because they see you about to get on or park your Guzzi.

This impromptu type of meeting is even better when you find out the person doesn't have any interest or any knowledge about motorcycles, yet they actually stopped what they were doing to take in the V11 Sport.

....and, as you ride away, your reminded that the looks aren't even half of the experience.

Cheers to Guzzi & all of you for fine tastes

[ I've had 3 people who are completely motorcycle-oblivious really take an interest in it.]

Edit: title should read "People Who Couldn't Care Less About Motorcycles"

Just trying to be helpful!

:D

But aside from the slight hangup w/ the title of the thread, I'm in complete agreement w/ you!

:mg:

This is one of those interesting little gramatical differences between US English and., I think, everyone elses.

In the US if someone doesn't care about something the 'Could care less' For the rest of us? We 'Couldn't care less'! Fun innit!

Pete

In the US if someone doesn't care about something the 'Could care less' For the rest of us? We 'Couldn't care less'! Fun innit!

Pete

Nah, it's all same-same for English speakers: "couldn't care less" means what you think it does; no place to go but up, the nadir of concern. Problem is, the good ol' USA being a nation of immigrants, people in the process of learning the language, not understanding the [negatively affirmative] construction of that colloquialism repeat it as "could care less," which unfortunately doesn't convey the unconcern they're thinking of. After a generation or to of hearing it repeated incorrectly, it starts becoming acceptable.

That's all fine for the spoken word, we tend to fill in what we want to hear anyway, but in written language, you still gotta get it right. Kinda like Chinese, which has a bunch of different dialects that use the same words differently, but in the written language is consistent.

I try to fight the good fight by correcting people who don't have it right, but all it does is earn me hatred from the hoi polloi. [sigh] It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it!

;)