back to stock

kevdog3019

OK...don't flog me... but I put original cans back on the bike. It had Mistral aluminum on it when purchased a year ago. We just got the originals back a couple weeks ago and I wanted to try it since I wanted a bit more subtle sound out of it. My observations are:

A bit less low end untill just over 4000 rpm...then she flies.

shifts retakes are smoother (not as grabby). I think this is due to lower rpm being diminished, and this is a result.

I seem to want to ride it harder now actually. Maybe because it sounds like it's working less hard or maybe I just like getting into the upper power band.

It seems smoother overall, not even torque-wise, just more refined.

I do feel less vibes around 5000 rpm, even on the shifter lever that would really vibrate from 4700 on up on shifts. I didn't like that feel on the foot when I pushed up on it.

I may have lost a couple of horses, but I like the ride quality a lot better and it's less annoying on the ears. It sounds more like a Mustang now and less like a Lamborghini. American muscle is fine by me.

Guest ratchethack

Hey Kev - I had much the same impressions after putting the stock logs on after graunching one of my FBF oval carbons. Though I've definitely lost some beans in the mid-range, I kinda like it. :huh2:

But I'll bet I'll like it all over again even better when I put a new pair o' oval carbons back on. . . ;)