Moto Guzzi wrist watch, all pre-orders shipped

jenslh

We'll see, I heard that a lot of postal workers will be or have been fired over the last period, so maybe they have switched to horses now for extra efficiency :not:

At least, also this time ;), you manage to keep the expectations high and the fear-level low. :P Compliments for that.

KiloSjon

Mine's also in... It is a beauty... My other swiss watch has to sleep on the couch for a while.

By the way, interesting to know that "Champagnefodbold belonnet med oprykning til 1. divsion"... ;o) (no crosswords in my danish papers)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drknow

Lovin' mine so much I'm wondering how we talk Jens into another limited edition Moto Guzzi watch project next year...

dk

• 2 weeks later...

Lovin' mine so much I'm wondering how we talk Jens into another limited edition Moto Guzzi watch project next year...

dk

This will take a serious amount of beer :bier:

Maintaining the project have been great fun, and the very positive feedback have been overwhelming, but if I should do this again, I'd have to find a way to reduce my workload on the project. Right now I'm glad that the project is reaching an end, because the number of hours I have transferred from other activities has been huge.

Maybe the MGNOC would be interested in a high quality watch of their own design, and could maintain the distribution ?

Anyway, status of today is that I'm down to 12 watches, and 3 of them is put on hold as we're currently having the postal service investigating 3 missing parcels to the USA <_>

Guest goffredo

This will take a serious amount of beer :bier:

Maintaining the project have been great fun, and the very positive feedback have been overwhelming, but if I should do this again, I'd have to find a way to reduce my workload on the project. Right now I'm glad that the project is reaching an end, because the number of hours I have transferred from other activities has been huge.

Maybe the MGNOC would be interested in a high quality watch of their own design, and could maintain the distribution ?

Anyway, status of today is that I'm down to 12 watches, and 3 of them is put on hold as we're currently having the postal service investigating 3 missing parcels to the USA <_<

No way! We don't want to spoil the pleasure of owning a RARE Moto Guzzi watch by doing one series every year!

On the other hand... I have already some design idea for the watch of the 100th Guzzi Birthday in 2021...

What do you say, Jens? ;):mg:

Are you ready to get the orders?

G.

PS: This one I have to share: last month I was in Lecco presenting a book on Guzzi and I was wearing of course my Guzzi watch... At one point one guy started bragging about the new Guzzi watch commisioned by the Factory to him. I mean, honestly, a well done watch, don't get me wrong... BUT: seiko quartz mechanism, battery powered, you see...

( http://www.prodigium.it/index.php?main_pag...oducts_id=74687 )

As they guy continued to describe the qualities of their watch, with the Moto Guzzi Comms manager on his side, I sort of smiled (yes, I can be an annoying asshole!! :rolleyes: ) complimented them on the quality of their gadget (yes, that's the word I used...) then vaguely raised my arm and pinpointed that MINE was a serious watch. You know, a world famous manufacturer, swiss mechanical heart and stuff...

The guy tried an escape route: "oh, well but we though that a manual mechanism would not...:

"Pardon me?"

"Well, that is not an automatic watch, is it?"

"Of course, it is! Eta 2824/2 if you ask. Please have a look; uh, and notice the personalised case as well..."

All the sudden the self confidence was gone... He siad something like: ' well, you see we had to stay within a budget..."

"But of course, but of course... I understand, You seemed passionate about watches but I think we are talking about two completely different things..."

:grin::grin::grin:

G.

No way! We don't want to spoil the pleasure of owning a RARE Moto Guzzi watch by doing one series every year!

PS: This one I have to share: last month I was in Lecco presenting a book on Guzzi and I was wearing of course my Guzzi watch... At one point one guy started bragging about the new Guzzi watch commisioned by the Factory to him. I mean, honestly, a well done watch, don't get me wrong... BUT: seiko quartz mechanism, battery powered, you see...

As they guy continued to describe the qualities of their watch, with the Moto Guzzi Comms manager on his side, I sort of smiled (yes, I can be an annoying asshole!! :rolleyes: ) complimented them on the quality of their gadget (yes, that's the word I used...) then vaguely raised my arm and pinpointed that MINE was a serious watch. You know, a world famous manufacturer, swiss mechanical heart and stuff...

The guy tried an escape route: "oh, well but we though that a manual mechanism would not...:

"Pardon me?"

"Of course, it is! Eta 2824/2 if you ask. Please have a look; uh, and notice the personalised case as well..."

All the sudden the self confidence was gone... He siad something like: ' well, you see we had to stay within a budget..."

"But of course, but of course... I understand, You seemed passionate about watches but I think we are talking about two completely different things..."

G.

I will bought one of Jens production BECAUSE it is an automatic :thumbsup:

By the way, is there any serial number (1/100) on the watch ?

Anyway, status of today is that I'm down to 12 watches, and 3 of them is put on hold as we're currently having the postal service investigating 3 missing parcels to the USA <_>

Maybe we should all pitch in and buy one for Gianfranco Guareschi for his Daytona victory :D

:mg:

Guest goffredo

By the way, is there any serial number (1/100) on the watch ?

Of course there is!!

G. 003

I also feel this is a CRITICAL feature, as is the recommended method for recharging the spring:

winding.jpg

Sorry honey, I can't go shopping with you, my watch needs winding.... :P

I also feel this is a CRITICAL feature, as is the recommended method for recharging the spring:

winding.jpg

Sorry honey, I can't go shopping with you, my watch needs winding.... :P

:grin::rasta::race:

On the other hand... I have already some design idea for the watch of the 100th Guzzi Birthday in 2021...

G.

Sure thing - a 100th birthday watch is a must - I'll rely on you to do the design, I have several ideas on which base watch / movement to use for this watch.

lets exchange ideas when we meet in mid september at the GMG2007 in Mandello del Lario. :bier:

G.

( http://www.prodigium.it/index.php?main_pag...oducts_id=74687 )

"Pardon me?"

G.

180 Euro's???? its not THAT much cheaper, but it sure does LOOK cheaper :grin: I luv my G.Jens desinger watch :notworthy:

only thing I worry about is finding a new band as nice as the one it comes with, when I wear it out in 10-15 thousand miles :lol:

180 Euro's???? its not THAT much cheaper, but it sure does LOOK cheaper :grin: I luv my G.Jens desinger watch :notworthy:

only thing I worry about is finding a new band as nice as the one it comes with, when I wear it out in 10-15 thousand miles :lol:

Ben, there are a lot of bands in ebay. All you need is to get the correct size at the lungs .

I am into watches, though I begin to stop this fortune eater hobby, I need something else.

c024.gif Found it, get a woman to pay for my expences

and then I need a concept where to spent all these money every day.

Any ideas? Yes bikes are good but you can't wear them all the time, anything else? you have some good ideas ......