anyone going to the Ducati WDW ?

jihem

Hi,

I may get to Misano next week for the World Ducati Week-End.

I need a break and you can pick up worst destinations, no ? Plus I wanted to go to Assen, but in Misano I get to watch the MotoGP on giant screens AND seeing Xaus, Lanzi and Bayliss doing demo laps on their 999 SBK :)

Anyone from here planning to be there ?

Maybe there will be some V-Rods there. I heard a rumor that H-D bought Ducati :glare: ...........of course that was from a friend who is a member of the HOG.

• 2 weeks later...

well, looking at how enthousiastic the Ducatisti were in Rimini at being mobile advertisements for the Bologna company, it wouldn't surprise me the least to see the new Ducati management swing into some kind of marriage mode with HD: they already have the "if-it-has-a-ducati-logo-we-will-sell-it" attitude. The WDW is an hymn to the ducati branding, and everybody there was a fashion victim hungry for more.

i only saw 3 guzzis amidts thousand ducatis: a centauro with a side, a V 11 Le Mans, a 1100 Griso, plus my ghezzi.

the museum in Bologna is great looking, but very superficial and nowhere near as inspiring as the Mandello museum.

but all in all, it was an enjoyable moment, up to the moment when the giant video screens showed the Dottore passing Stoner: the crowd went just into silent more and it took a while to have the mood going up again.

well, looking at how enthousiastic the Ducatisti were in Rimini at being mobile advertisements for the Bologna company, it wouldn't surprise me the least to see the new Ducati management swing into some kind of marriage mode with HD: they already have the "if-it-has-a-ducati-logo-we-will-sell-it" attitude. The WDW is an hymn to the ducati branding, and everybody there was a fashion victim hungry for more.

i only saw 3 guzzis amidts thousand ducatis: a centauro with a side, a V 11 Le Mans, a 1100 Griso, plus my ghezzi.

the museum in Bologna is great looking, but very superficial and nowhere near as inspiring as the Mandello museum.

but all in all, it was an enjoyable moment, up to the moment when the giant video screens showed the Dottore passing Stoner: the crowd went just into silent more and it took a while to have the mood going up again.

Yeah, this dottore is annoying me too. He's still the magician on wheels, but...