2007 Virginia Moto Guzzi Rally

VA Sean

Sorry for the multi-forum cross post...but for those of you who haven't seen them - here are some pics:

If you can't see the pictures by clicking on the link, copy and paste it into your web browser:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=12vg8a...=0&y=z8u64y

Not many captions - just a lot of pictures of bikes.

If I didn't say it in the other thread - special thanks to Dan Speaker of Speaker's Cycles for making the trip to the Rally with all the test-ride bikes.

Talk about a class act! He comes down from Ohio with a truck full of bikes, leaves the keys in them and just lets people ride when they want! Another dealer, from Virginia, was there with several bikes. They sat in the corner of the pavilion - no test rides... they were for "show" only.

I really enjoyed the rides on the Cal Vintage. A very competent and comfortable bike. It was my first ride on a bike with floor boards and first for a heel/toe shifter as well. I took it on 2 test rides, one solo and one with Erin - both about 15 miles each... up 60 to the BRP and back. My question when I got back to Dan was, "Do people ever change into 3rd, 4th or 5th gear on these bikes?" Seriously - I was cruising up the hill in 2nd at 4,000 RPM, I looked down and the bike was doing 50 mph. I thought I'd be scraping the floor boards through the turns on 60, but never got close... it just tracks, digs in and carves the corners. I was happily surprised!

My only complaint was cosmetic - the windscreen rattled quite a bit... but I am sure that it just needed a few things tightened.

Ohh - and several other folks have posted links to pics in this thread:

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=12159.0

Nice pictures, hope everyone had fun.

Did I see your Coppa for sale in one of those pictures Sean? Are you really thinking of selling that and buying a Cal Vintage? Isn't that like selling the Ferrari to get a minivan?

peepwall1.gif

Nice pictures, hope everyone had fun.

Did I see your Coppa for sale in one of those pictures Sean? Are you really thinking of selling that and buying a Cal Vintage? Isn't that like selling the Ferrari to get a minivan?

Negative-

That was another Coppa, from Georgia (I think).

I will be adding a late model California to my stable in the not too distant future - but probably not a Cal Vintage unless they drop the sales price by about 50%. I'm actually looking for a well-sorted EV in the $3,500-$4,500 range. But I may have to wait until winter to get a price like that.

Though my wife now has her own bike (V50 III) she still likes riding with me. As we all know, the V11 Sport seat is not exactly the most comfortable for us - and apparently the pillion is much worse. She really liked the comfort of the Cal Vintage seat and the fact that we were on the same "level" when we were seated, as opposed to her being raised up behind me on the V11.

So, in order to give her a bit more comfort, I'm going to get an EV.

But believe me -- I ain't complaining about it!!!!

:grin: