Titanium Exhaust vs. Carbon Fiber

Dr Gil

oh yeah, I should have mentioned I have the FBF crossover which is the stucci clone as well. It makes a big difference in sound with a straight crossover, also the pod filters add to the aural experience. I like it very mucha.

I rode a Lemans today with Stucci carbon cans and Stucci crossover. The sound difference from my Staintuned V11 is dramatic, very different. The Staintune have a gutteral boom at all revs except idle, are much louder at revs. The Stucci carbons [and I would think non carbon Stucci as well] have a significant 'report' from each cylinder independently, a muted crackle,. I think this has alot to do with the independent flow through nature of the collector, just as entertaining, but very different.

The cosmetic differences are strictly personal in taste, no other is better, just different.

Ciao, Steve

Do you have a stock or aftermarket crossover Steve? I think the stock crossover has a significant pre-muffler or resonator effect. When I replaced my stock crossover with an FBF crossover I really noticed the "report" that you mention. The exhaust note definately got sharper. I like the sound but sometimes I think it's a bit too loud when I get past half throttle.

Do you have a stock or aftermarket crossover Steve? I think the stock crossover has a significant pre-muffler or resonator effect. When I replaced my stock crossover with an FBF crossover I really noticed the "report" that you mention. The exhaust note definately got sharper. I like the sound but sometimes I think it's a bit too loud when I get past half throttle.

I still have the original cross over. The reason I have chosen to keep it is, because of it's robust build, and unlike the FBF crossover, it utilizes the hanger from above it's location. The FBF unit is supported from the header and the muffler/can support, so there is much pressure on the header seal at the head. Cracking at the header in this area is attributed to lack of support from the crossover.

Ciao, Steve

I still have the original cross over. The reason I have chosen to keep it is, because of it's robust build, and unlike the FBF crossover, it utilizes the hanger from above it's location. The FBF unit is supported from the header and the muffler/can support, so there is much pressure on the header seal at the head. Cracking at the header in this area is attributed to lack of support from the crossover.

Ciao, Steve

That's why I modified my FBF! No cracks so far.

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg