AIR BOX MODS

Guest PAULSMART

Guest PAULSMART

My 2001 V11 - is having a PC111 fitted next week. :o

The bike has aftermarket oval carbon cans fitted but is otherwise stock, I want to achieve a sweet running engine, with the hic - up at 2-4k rpm reduced. I think trying to achieve max power produces compromises elsewhere.

So, what should I do with the air box??????

1 - leave stock

2 - Stock plus K&N

3 - Drill some holes in the lid

4 - K&N with no lid

I'm guessing, and from dyno graphs already seen I will only be gaining approx 5 hp :huh2: , but it is that sweeting running engine - flat torque curve - noticealble pull I'm after.

I know of the FBF kit but don't wish to pay for it!! option 1-4 are cheap!

I'm sure this has been asked before on the forum, but its a good subject! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Paul

I made my own FBF kit for about 5 dollars. I used some small angle iron. Think it was actually a shelf bracket. Brased it into a rectangle to cover the perimeter of the OEM filter and bolted it down. Took about 15minutes. I'll see if I can borrow a camera.

Stucchi, Mistral, or FBF crossover will give a lot more mid range power.

I am not sure where the cross over modification will add power, but it will add power, for almost no cash investment. Swiss cheesing the lid is the cheapest way to go, but be warned that the intake sound is alot louder. I like the sound, but not everybody does.