Calling Deutschland -- push bike question

Guest NotRight

If any of the germans or europeans can help, thanks. I bought a Villiger pushy (bicycle) with a 7 speed in rear hub drive. Before I moved back to the U.S. in 2004 I suddenly had trouble shifting. It felt like the grip shift lever was binding. I'm getting the bike out of storage today.

I looked inside. It has plastic gears! Cost reduction!

Its a Revo-shift SL-7S10. Revo-Schalthebel. I don't think the problem is in the Shalteinheit. I can take it to some local shops. I don't know if they have ever seen this mechanism.

Any advise on where to start trouble shooting?

Worst case, does anyone know of a compatible replacement for this hub drive?

I love the bike. Beautiful European craftsmanship. I read though the company went bust? Same route as Schwinn? The chinese cheaters...I mean fair competitors?

Ohh man , If people come in here to ask about bycicles .... something is wrong.

That makes me think...... hmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmm.

:helmet:

This is a damn Guzzi forum!!! we are supposed to talk about our big cc. (and so on , you name it.)

Please mail me pictures and I'll get my son looking after it. We have some good pusher shops around here, just in case you needed any spare parts.

Where have you been in Germany?

Hubert

Guest NotRight

Please mail me pictures and I'll get my son looking after it. We have some good pusher shops around here, just in case you needed any spare parts.

Where have you been in Germany?

Hubert

Hi. Thanks. The bike is in the back of my car waiting to be unloaded. There doesn't seem to be any obvious effects from being stored 2 years +. The paint on the frame is very high quality!

Thanks for your offer of support. Since I posted this original, I found the manual for the bike and shift system. I will give myself a chance to adjust everything to factory settings. If there is no improvement we will go from there.

I lived in Bonn for about 4 years working for a private European company. My spoken German was quite decent when I left, but I haven't practiced much at all since I left a few years ago. I can read it o.k. although technical manuals take a bit of effort to overcome complex grammar. I never developed too far with writing German.

Yes, it is a bicycle! This forum came to mind because it is the only forum I frequent and I knew there were Europeans here!

Its not a road/race bike.... Its a Holland Style Bicycle! I can't wait to see the expressions on my friends faces that have never seen one.

I'm glad that you've found the manual. These Holland bikes are quite rare outside of holland. There are parts of Germany, up in the north, which are a bit like The Netherlands and there they have those bikes,too.

Bend the chain guard a bit outside so that it touches the right pedal lever and loosen the rear mudguard. Then you'll get the right feeling when when riding it.

I've recently read an article about our former capital. It's a real lovely town, indeed, and also the people there should be worth a visit.

Hubert

Guest Mattress

I'm glad that you've found the manual. These Holland bikes are quite rare outside of holland. There are parts of Germany, up in the north, which are a bit like The Netherlands and there they have those bikes,too.

Bend the chain guard a bit outside so that it touches the right pedal lever and loosen the rear mudguard. Then you'll get the right feeling when when riding it.

I've recently read an article about our former capital. It's a real lovely town, indeed, and also the people there should be worth a visit.

Hubert

Maybe "Holland Style" was not accurate. It reminds me of Holland bikes. An upright pleasant seating position with pulled back bars, full fenders, fully enclosed chain guard, etc. But there might be differences to the trained eye that I don't see.

I wouldn't have known that Holland bikes are rare outside of Holland. In fact I was told the opposite. Some friends from Amsterdam said most of the Holland style bikes can be found in Germany.

I guess the story was the German troops stole them to ride back to Germany as the war was ending for them.

Apparently they are still upset and want their bicycles back.