product review

Guest Le Man

Guest Le Man

Just took my first ride with the Airhawk Seat pad (bought from Aerostich)..pretty neat! Sits right on the existing seat (attach or not, your call) and is an air filled,segmented pad with a cover on it. You can vary the air pressure easily to suit a number of variables. It can deflate in seconds and roll into your tankbag if you want to go without for a while. On a long ride the change-up alone may be all it takes to give your butt a rest. A bit pricey @ $185.00 but deep into a long ride it wouldn't matter how much it costs. BTW for those who have not seen it go to aerostich Mike

If you call Roho, they'll tell you where to buy them cheap. Like http://www.mc-accessories.com/accessoriespage.htm

I did just under 3000 miles on mine a few weeks ago. I would strongly suggest that you actually strap it on though, they're quite expensive to lose as I did returning from Prescott this spring. I'm now on number four. The cat got the first, the replacement was a size too small, so it's reserved for my wife's seat, the third blew away and number four awaits the next long trip. Number five - and there is one - is at my father's house because he fell an pranged his tail bone a few weeks ago. I hope it got there before he took off on his trip.

I can't emphasize enough, how effective these seats are, they have to be tried to be believed. They are definitely NOT a fashion accessory though, they don't do a dang thing for the lines of a bike.

Rojo makes cushions for wheelchairs - I don't know if that's how they started out- but the wheelchair seats do work. My Dad was in one for a couple of years.

Sorry Carl, the cat statement is pretty funny. I've got a couple of those self-inflating mattresses under my bed, and I live in fear of the day our cat develops an interest in them.

So...what about bicycle pants though? That's what I've always used.

Cheers,

Jason