Advice on follow-up to non-delivery of eBay item

slowkitty

Hiya,

I'm based in Singapore, and in February I purchased an eBay item (a Le Mans Tank Bag) from a seller, which is a bike store in the USA. Until now there has been no delivery, even though I have sent them a PDF of my Paypal payment (made about a day after the bidding closed) by email. So far there has been no response to my email, the latest of which was sent a week ago.

Any advice on how I go about either getting my purchase or my payment back? Should I give them a call or continue sending email?

Cheers

Cat

Absolutely CALL but be 100% civil. Do not accuse or yell or scream. See if you can find resolution to what may simply be miscommunication or simple error. I would just ask nicely "Hello, I ordered something from you a while back and hadnt seen it yet so I was wondering if you could check on it for me and give me a status?".

9 out of 10 times, its simple. If after your call, nothing is resolved or youre blown off or ignored, you need to file a claim with eBay and Paypal to get your paypal money back (PayPal is no joke when it comes to withholding payments) and simply leave negative feedback and report the seller to eBay.

report seller to e bay through disputes. i did this when i had no reply from seller regarding non received item who didn't reply to two e mails. the seller rang me the same day as reported! and i had my item within one week. ''good luck''

Will give them a ring and be civil about it.

Juz kinda surprised that the bike store (which sells Guzzi and Dukes and other stuff) had a pretty impressive web-site and did not strike me as a store that would ignor emails, when the email address was listed on the web-site itself.

Cheers

Cat

There may be the possibility that the tank bag is being held in Customs too. I sold a saddle to a forum member in Canada and according to the USPS the saddle was in Canada 3 Days after I sent it. It took him a couple of months to finally get it. And that was after filing an International Inquiry. February is a lot longer than a couple of months, but if nobody has been rattling their cage...

Good luck :mg:

Juzt an update: Spoke with the sales department, and they'll look into it. Gave me another e-mail to resend my mail (makes me wonder how many guys relied on their web's email and never became their customers).

The saga continues ....

Cheers

Cat

Cat,

I once had a similar problem. I just informed PayPal, they asked the seller what happened, I think he didn't reply to them either, so after 5 days the money was back on my account.

Hubert

Cat,

I once had a similar problem. I just informed PayPal, they asked the seller what happened, I think he didn't reply to them either, so after 5 days the money was back on my account.

Hubert

Bummer. called them, they had a record of it having shipped out. Here's what I have:

Feb - bidded and won, payment made within 3 days

April - I wrote to them, they said that shipment made in Feb, asked me to wait for the items, said that it'll take 4 to 6 weeks

June - I emailed them, no reply

Now - talked to them, they simply sent me a "we have shipped the item on xx Feb ..." mail.

All of the above documented.

I'm screwed? Just found out that eBay only will pay if item not delivered and notified within 60 days. Sigh, :wacko:

Not-so-cheers

Cat

Bummer. called them, they had a record of it having shipped out. Here's what I have:

Feb - bidded and won, payment made within 3 days

April - I wrote to them, they said that shipment made in Feb, asked me to wait for the items, said that it'll take 4 to 6 weeks

June - I emailed them, no reply

Now - talked to them, they simply sent me a "we have shipped the item on xx Feb ..." mail.

All of the above documented.

I'm screwed? Just found out that eBay only will pay if item not delivered and notified within 60 days. Sigh, :wacko:

Not-so-cheers

Cat

How was it shipped? Was it insured? Fed-Ex or UPS would have a record of the shipment- get the tracking info from the seller, and try and recover your money through the shipper.

Good luck. Who was the seller (so we can all avoid your fate)?