you know I've said it b4 but I have the WORST bike A.D.D. I'm gonna need to get on some meds b4 I go down and buy something next spring. I've had my eye on several bikes to see how they hold up, perform, retain value, all that fun stuff, RSV-R, Triumph daytona, 1200C, 1200GS, Superduke, and I have to say I was going to go with the 1098 but they're going to raise their prices and the bike itself still isn't that cheap or easy to fix. I've been wanting an Enduro since I started riding bikes period, made more sence when I lived in the country but thats neither here nor there. I'll get to the point, I think I'm going to try and snatch up a used, HP2 YEAH baby, its hott, its fun, its dual sport, its KINDA comfy, and it looks like it'll fit my bill perfectly. I've seen used ones for 14ish and next spring maybe I can land one of'em. maybe even a lil less, am I crazy? besides the obvious points of me being crazy, I mean the bike.

hp2_header.jpg

For some yet to be explained reason I wound up with six motorcycles in my garage so no, you are not crazy. What you are thinking about doing is perfectly normal.

The folks who don't understand this are the ones who are crazy! :bier:

I don't know what an HP2 is, but I support the idea of a dual sport. A KLR650 is tall enough for you, and if you gear it down a bit, then it will pop wheelies nicely. It's not exactly a hooligan bike, but it is fun to drive and fairly bulletproof, with a large support base not unlike other niche motorcycles.

The hP2 is a serious machine, yes it will outhandle a sport bike in the twisties, I know I didn't believe it either but its true. Then you can go rip it up off road...real offroad stuff if you like! The HP2 Mega moto is coming soon!

I've seen used ones for 14ish and next spring maybe I can land one of'em. maybe even a lil less, am I crazy? besides the obvious points of me being crazy, I mean the bike.

hp2_header.jpg

I think yer crazy :D

for 14 K you could buy a kick ass KTM. I wouldn't wanna wrestle that behemoth off road. :2c:

I don't know what an HP2 is,

HP2?

You could check YouTube:

HP2 diggin' the dirt

More with Christian Pfeiffer

Don't bother with the plodding stuff from ordinary guys. 100hp off road needs a bit of whizz-bang

This one has BM boffins getting under-excited about the design concept in a Germanic manner.

I don't know Ben. I've done alot of off roading and I can't imagine doing it on a tank like that. 14 Grand and you're going to take it out in the woods and flog it? In the course of one summer you'd spend enough on parts and repairs to buy a dedicated dirtbike. (If you live long enough to think about fixing it).

But hey, to each his own! Rock on dude. :bier:

crash.jpg

for 14 K you could buy a kick ass KTM. I wouldn't wanna wrestle that behemoth off road. :2c:

I know a number of lads who own KTM's, twins, singles,etc. Mostly the things spend a bunch of time in the repair shop suffering from inadequet engineering. Piles of shite if you ask me. You think Beemers are money pits, whoooaaaa!!!

That said, owning a 100 hp enduro bike is kick ass fun, and although I've never ridden an HP2, I recently spent a day offroad on a 1200GSA Beemer. Very much a handfull in the rough stuff with it's street engineered suspension, and 37litre fuel capacity, and incredible workhorse that will dispatch any sport bike in the twisties, with a full payload.

Would I get an HP2? No. A very expensive dirt bike, you will cry whenever you scratch it, and I've seen that the grey plastic panels scratch extremely easily. No, you'd be better off with a XRHonda 650R, the water cooled model. Still heavy, but good power. You want street capability? Then find an XL650L, the air cooled one, bulletproof engine, big grunt off idle, a better bike than a DR Suzuki.

Of course, no one bike can do all, so the Guzzi remains in the corrall, and the addition will just add versatility to the garage!

Ciao, Steve

Would I get an HP2? No. A very expensive dirt bike, you will cry whenever you scratch it, and I've seen that the grey plastic panels scratch extremely easily.

Ciao, Steve

Ohhhh I don't think I would cry, scratches on a dirt bike are expected, that just gives the bike character and I keep my bikes for the long haul(or try to) I do a lot of research and talk to ppl that own the bikes I want to get a good feel so I'm not disappointed. ALSO I used to have a Suzuki 125 motorcross, it wasn't the RM it was more aggresive with a different tank but it was a 78 and other than snapping off the shifter on a slow slide I only laid that bike down 2 or three times, trust me I beat the crap out of it, build jumps, flogged the mud, No I don't think I would do anything too crazy to dump the HP2, I think it would be a hella good time. Maybe I'll just get a GS instead tho because that thing fits me like a freakin glove its like they measured my arse for the damn thing. :huh2:

I don't currently trust KTM's they give me a bad feelin :huh:

The Hp2 is surprisingly comfortable, and its meant to be scratched! There are luggage options and other tour stuff available, but the bike is a serious off road machine, not a behemoth very nimble and a top notch suspension.

I just did 1200 miles mostly unpaved in Alaska. My buddy and I were on KLRs. There were a couple other KLRs, 2 KTMs , 2 1200GSs, 2 650GSs & a 650Dakar.

For the most challenging stuff the 650s were the way to go, be it KLR or GS. The 1200s were just too big & heavy. The two KTMs both had mechanical issues. One broke off the side stand twice & overheated repeatedly and the other had leaky fork seaks, getting fork oil on the front brakes. They seemed competent bikes otherwise though.

That HP is really cool and there probably isn't a better bike for unpaved roads. When the going is muddy and rutted the unbreakable KLR is a good choice and still has decent street manners. All depends on how you are going to use it.

well for how I would use it, I should probably get a highway princess in that GS I likes it plenty but I'm probably only going to be able to manage 80/20 on/off road. If I got the HP2 I'd try my darndest to make it 50/50 :bier: I could always get more street oriented tires and just use it to jump curbs small barriers and stray pets and slow children. :lol: