some things of interest

Guest Le Man

Guest Le Man

Re: speedo cables on the '03 lemans..I couldn't wait for my dealer to get me an official Italian cable so I went to a NAPA car parts store and bought a generic

universal speedo cable kit. It works like a charm, easy to fit and cheap ($6.30).

I lubed the hell out of it needless to say. I am doing 1600 plus miles

over the next few days..we will see if it holds up. I made a tool to lube the forward "u" joint on the drive shaft ( I have a small fab shop) this was an engineering feat! It works well but if anyone thinks they can lube that sucka with anything that is on the market..good luck! This is a thought..my bike has about 5K

on it and I felt I was a bit early lubeing the joints but when I shot them with grease water drops came out of the joint cups...better look after them real regular.

Re: Keys ..I found a neat key blank..my local house lock shop had them (I am in the stone age here too) they are from an Italian manufacturer called "Silca"

and the # is ZD23RCP. Real hi-tech look to the head and they fit well.

Mike

Guest geezerx
  I made a tool to lube the forward "u" joint on the drive shaft ( I have a small fab shop) this was an engineering feat! It works well but if anyone thinks they can lube that sucka with anything that is on the market..good luck!

These parts are right off the shelf :grin:, with a little grinding done to the zirk:

grease1.jpg

grease2.jpg

It's low tech but works well when plugged into a grease gun with a flexible tube and pushed up through the driveshaft tunnel.

Guest Le Man

Very inventive! I tried all sorts of stuff prior to making my rig but I never thought of that one. I think the danger of this hard to lube joint lies with the owner/maintainer who thinks he is getting grease to the joint but is really just kind of hitting the area. Your rig is cool !

Mike