Top Yoke Conversion

Guest V11RossoNigel

Guest V11RossoNigel
post-5698-1184352663_thumb.jpgHi Everyone just joined so be gentle.......Quick question I have recently got my grubby mits on a V11 Rosso Mandello. I wish to change the riding position to more upright. Therefore is there a top yoke conversion so I can use a set of straight flat bars as opossed to the fork mounted clip ons, or would the later V11 top yoke fit directly to mine (by the way mine is a 2001 model) look forward to any suggestions. Cheers Nigel :luigi:

V11_Sport.jpgHi Everyone just joined so be gentle.......Quick question I have recently got my grubby mits on a V11 Rosso Mandello. I wish to change the riding position to more upright. Therefore is there a top yoke conversion so I can use a set of straight flat bars as opossed to the fork mounted clip ons, or would the later V11 top yoke fit directly to mine (by the way mine is a 2001 model) look forward to any suggestions. Cheers Nigel :luigi:

Aye Nige,

Rossopuro sells some kits. (look up, they're a sponsor)

I saw one here:

http://rmcube.abd.it/RMcube/servlet/contro...deObject=FR1001

Guest V11RossoNigel

Great thanks for your quick response, had a look at the link to rossopuro looks like just the job.

V11_Sport.jpgHi Everyone just joined so be gentle.......Quick question I have recently got my grubby mits on a V11 Rosso Mandello. I wish to change the riding position to more upright. Therefore is there a top yoke conversion so I can use a set of straight flat bars as opossed to the fork mounted clip ons, or would the later V11 top yoke fit directly to mine (by the way mine is a 2001 model) look forward to any suggestions. Cheers Nigel :luigi:

Check out the thread "foot forward position" a few threads below. These have received consistent positive reports on improved riding comfort.

Cheers,

John

I humbly urge you to try the stock riding position for 1000 miles/ 1600 km before modifying. The stock position is actually quite good once you adjust to it.

Bob

Guest V11RossoNigel

I humbly urge you to try the stock riding position for 1000 miles/ 1600 km before modifying. The stock position is actually quite good once you adjust to it.

Bob

Hi there Bob, Dont get me wrong I like the riding position, But here are a few factors to consider.

I am 6 foot 4 inches and nearly 50 :oldgit: with a bit of a Tum, not to mention the 9 point on my licence.

I took her out the other day probably the only Sunny day we have had here in UK all summer, I was

On country lanes but was often over the ton, this riding position :race: is such that it all feels to easy,

so I was Tinking that maybe just maybe more upright would slow me down just a little (OK so thats crap that

is not going to work Ha Ha Ha. seriously though it is a little hard on the tum, yes I can hear you (loose some weight) good point. Still just to put your mind at rest Bob I won't be taking a spanner to her before the end of the season.

Cheers for now

Just hanging on to my license

Nigel

Bob

I have to agree - when I first got my V11, it was a shock, and until I learned to support myself with my torso not my arms, it was very tiring. I even went so far as to order some Buell footpegs, and scope out bolt-on risers (Suzuki SV650). But after about 1000 miles on it, I found I could ride hundreds of miles, and without a windshield, the wind at 70-75 MPH a perfect balance to the riding position. After 3500 miles I wouldn't change a thing about the riding position. The Buell pegs actually made it worse, those Guzzi guys know what they are doing. (And I'm also 50 , 6' tall, but only about 160.)

:race:

Joe