How many miles *you* got?

zen_kick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39,xxx miles.

Would be more if it weren't for Guzzis snail like part delivery service.

But would be less if it weren't for this forum...how else would I know that chrome-moly hard rubber cush drives were a good thing? I learned this just in time to save my splines!!! :grin:

...At least the hooters thread still makes sense to me.

04 Cafe Sport- current odometer reading 6,5xx. True mileage ?? I went through 3 speedometer cables with a lot of mileage using the "what gear am I in vs. RPM" speedometer method. I do know for certain that I've got 2300 miles on it since I fitted the Sigma computer, which works much better than I ever could have hoped.

Oddly enough, having replaced the speedometer cable my speedo now likes to read anywhere between 0 mph and 10-20mph faster than actual road speed... but the odometer still seems to be accurate. Once of these days I'll get that fixed....

Knocking on wood, the only quirks I've experienced were a loose battery cable, an appetite for speedometer cables, and the ignition switch falling off the top clamp at freeway speeds. :bike:

2002 Ghezzi-Brian STW 1100 with Folgore's racing Ecu and exhausts.

bought it new, in Missiglia.

it has now +/- 38.000 kms (23.600 miles) and I have that huge Guzzi trademarked smile everytime I take the bike out :)

it has the baaaad looking wrinkled paint.

it blew the DUCATI rectifier and the fuel pomp was also replaced (both under warranty).

TLamers replaced a rear wheel bearing at 26.000 kms

i had the usual gearbox/transmission leak and unfortunately had to replace the oiled clutch disks because of it...(30.000 kms)

i blew two clutch cables.

it's the third battery.

besides that, this bike is flawless.

57000km.

still original speedo cable, clutch cable, and all electrics bar indicator relay. two rear wheel bearings replaced, brake pads replaced 50000k + regular maintenance intervals of 5k-6k usualy oil change using full synthetic, filter changed every second oil change when tappets are checked but only ever made three adjustments! bought new in 2000 and being a 1998 model. costs of owning has only been fuel, tyres, rego and several chains :homer: sorry wrong forum! now back to mz riders . com :grin:

Jaap I wish you'd keep this bird molester off this forum, never happy unless sticking it up guzzi's. Next thing you will know he'll be starting a post about Global Warming.

Back to the future. My Rosso Mandello bought in Oct 05 with 20,000 km on clock. Had crinkle engine paint replaced as was spring.

I now have 40,000km on clock, still original battery, speedo/tacho cables etc. just recently replaced steering head bearings, balance TB's and heat sensor. Apart from that running like a top.

Bit concerned about the handling tho, tried all sorts, but guess it must be the rider. :blush:

I'm sure the bird molester will have an opinion on this. :bbblll:

2004 Coppa Italia, bought "new" (37 miles) in september 2005.

Has appx 5,500 miles now... unfortunately, she only gets ridden on the weekends, mostly, since I carry a briefcase and wear a suit on weekdays - and I believe in wearing significantly more gear than that when riding the bike.

14,000 on my 04 Ballabio bought new at M.I. Unfortunately no long trips...only a few day trips on it. My work keeps me just using it mostly as my commuter on the daily I-5 slog. It has had no issues at all....well ones that I didn't cause anyway! :grin:

img_0025.jpg

57000km.

still original speedo cable, clutch cable, and all electrics bar indicator relay. two rear wheel bearings replaced, brake pads replaced 50000k + regular maintenance intervals of 5k-6k usualy oil change using full synthetic, filter changed every second oil change when tappets are checked but only ever made three adjustments! bought new in 2000 and being a 1998 model. costs of owning has only been fuel, tyres, rego and several chains :homer: sorry wrong forum! now back to mz riders . com :grin:

You forgot to mention a litre of oil every 300km's mate :2c: