England here we come as well!

From Aug. 30-Sept. 16th. My 4th trip to the old country. Will spend alot of the time in and around north west Essex, [ Steeple Bumpstead, free accomodation], but will be heading to my families ground zero, in and around St. Ives, Camb., with visits to the family estate and graveyard in Woodhurst, Camb, and visits to the old public house my grandpa and grampa's before him hung out, the Ferry Boat Inn, in the tiny hamlet of Holywell. Stops at Stilton, will also head to another free accomodation somewhere in the outskirts of Birmingham, visiting Tanworth-in-Arden, [Mike Hailwoods resting spot], perhaps Hinkley [done the Triumph tour, but my co-travellers havn't] and Melton Mobray, before heading to paid accomodation in southern Avon [bath], and down to Somerset [Wells, Glastonbury, Cheddar, Batheaston, site of Solisbury Hill, Glastonbury Tor, etc]. I've pressed this run to Somerset because it will be a good time to sample some rough cider, scrumpy, which I sampled with my uncle Peter in Wells many yrs ago. Then we will head back to Steeple, where we will make some train runs into London. I've been to London, seen the sites, and will be happy to follow my buddies anywhere they want to go and see. My favourite place to hang out has to be Oxford street, and just off the drag, Hamley's toy store, unreal place! Also a run out to the Ace Cafe.

During the whole time, not one bike shop will go unchecked! Prority 1 is bikes.

Ciao, Steve

Guest redguzziv10

If you have a couple of hours free on a Wednesday evening whilst you are in Steeple Bumstead, head over to Great Bentley. Not far from there.

It is basically a village green, a pub and a few cottages. but every wednesday evening during summer hundres of bikers descend on the place for a drink a burger and a chat. Locals are very amiable, as long as they don't get pratts wheelie-ing past their front doors all evening (some do).

if you post a date before hand i'm sure i could advertise it as an evening meet for all local Guzzisti as well.

Whatever you decide - enjoy the time and the Scrumpy while your here

Rick

If you have a couple of hours free on a Wednesday evening whilst you are in Steeple Bumstead, head over to Great Bentley. Not far from there.

It is basically a village green, a pub and a few cottages. but every wednesday evening during summer hundres of bikers descend on the place for a drink a burger and a chat. Locals are very amiable, as long as they don't get pratts wheelie-ing past their front doors all evening (some do).

if you post a date before hand i'm sure i could advertise it as an evening meet for all local Guzzisti as well.

Whatever you decide - enjoy the time and the Scrumpy while your here

Rick

Thanks for the great advice Rick. I will be there for sure!!

Ciao, Steve

Guest Buddy

Hope you have a great time.

On your way back from Somerset, take a small diversion south to Ringwood and visit Sammy Miller's Museum. (Google for info). This is just the best place in the South of England to see bikes

Cider! Be warned: that is just a really bad way to get hammered. I speak from experience and from living very close to a farm that makes their own!

Weather is great over here this week, after the biblical rainfall of June and early July - hope is stays good for you.

Buddy :):):):)