MG Carbon Fiber Fairing PN 01.97.72.40

joe camarda

I just recieved this piece and it appears to be for the older style (handlebar mounted) fairing replacement, not the later Ballabio style mounting as I have on my Coppa.

Oddly enough the '03 :mg: accessory catalog lists this as a "LeMans" accessory.

Anyway, has anyone mounted this onto a Ballabio? If so, any instructions/advice would be appreciated.

TIA, Joe :rasta:

That fairing is meant to be mounted to a bike with V11 Sport-type instrument holder and headlight mounts. It mounts at a slightly different angle than the Ballabio fairing and the mounting holes are in slightly different locations. Drilling will likely be required. Also, the leading edge of the fairing will not likely be parallel with the chrome ring on the headlight. You should consider getting V11 Sport headlight mounts and instrument holder and mounting it all to swing with the bars. I like that look better, and I also got less helmet buffeting.

Mike Haven modded my Cafe Sport to clip on's with the MPH risers and converted the front fairing to the old style handlebar mounted c.f. windscreen. A Bosch headlight assembly was required to complete the mod. The light that comes on the Ballabio sticks out about a half inch or so and and didn't look right and was replaced. This was done with all factory V11 parts, save the bar risers. I'll be glad to email you some photos, or Greg Field can send you copies of the some I sent him. Todd may have taken some snaps pre-delivery as well. This retro mod to a Cafe Sport is easily done. Just be prepared to pay for the parts and spend some time changing them out. The Haven's at MPH as they say, have been there, done that, and have a very happy customer.

Wick