lower engine covered in oil

Guest kuehldirk

so the mgs01 has a different primary ratio, so much longer that alan cathcart was complaining that he could't get past 4th gear.

A friend made a compaison for the different ratios, all at 8000rpm, km/h

daytona 230

daytona RS 232

mgs01 246

V11 226

And the 4v engines run happily over 8000rpm

Mine does it's 8000 rpm easy in 6th gear. For me 230 is fast enough.

But I don't think much will be changed in the 6 speeder, except the primary ratio.

Good news the MGS01 has an extra turn of top speed. We mainly have open fast roads around here and when playing with inline fours the old 1100 sport drops off the back and I get a little weary of hauling the poor old thing up past the top of the torque curve and having it struggle to redline in top gear. Just hoping that the 12 000 euro price for the road going version as published in a recent local mag they are even talking the end of the year for avaliblity. Where do I order? :)

Guest scott

This problem amazes me! QC went out the door the day they tightened the timing cover bolts.

My LeMans and I were enjoying a beautiful day riding through Sierra's when I looked down to see my right boot covered in oil. Upon inspection I discovered the right timing cover gasket was seeping a river of oil. This happened with about 1000 miles. The local dealer got the bike fixed in about a week.

Now with over 8000 miles I just hope the tranny spring does not go!! :(

This problem amazes me! QC went out the door the day they tightened the timing cover bolts.

I would think this should have fallen under the area of "dealer prep". The dealer should have tightened everything before it went out the door.