SCURA PREVIOUS OWNER HELP PLEASE

GED 01

I've got 30K miles on mine, I ride it like I stole it, and not a fricken thing has happened to it. That's cause the bike doesn't listen to all those scary bedtime stories that get repeated until everyone thinks they are the truth.

signing off to ride like the wind.....

As my Reaper T-shirt says .... " I refuse to tiptoe through life, just to arrive safely at death "

I've got 30K miles on mine, I ride it like I stole it, and not a fricken thing has happened to it. That's cause the bike doesn't listen to all those scary bedtime stories that get repeated until everyone thinks they are the truth.

signing off to ride like the wind.....

As my Reaper T-shirt says .... " I refuse to tiptoe through life, just to arrive safely at death "

IM IN TOTAL AGREEMENT,,,,how many guzzis are fitted with the single plate clutch and ali fly wheel,and how many have failed,due to faulty componants,i picked my scura up on saturday and had a long talk with the haed mechanic /manager at moto strada ,part of the conversation turn to me asking about the pawl spring being a problem,o yes what a pain we changed the one on your bike 3times in 7k until we finally got the right part that was last year so it will be ok,nice one ,,,so what about expoloding clutches or is it flywheels i asked read a few stories on v11.com seems like a potential time bomb,,,,eh ,,,what,,,,,? [the guy looks puzzled]i have heard of a number [not specific]]of cases but they were in the states,all i can say is ive never heard of a case in the uk,,,

so what do i believe,,, if the number of cases was around the 30% mark i would be fairly concerned ,but i dont think its anywhere near that so i will carry on enjoyin the best bike ive owned and have faith in mr guzzi and the mechanic who knows more than i ever will,, cheers

yes its got the marelli ? race ecu [think thats right ] under the seat,sounds really good, just a bit on a downer cos ive just registered and it seems bad news all the way i expected quality problems from my 23 yr old lario but not from a bike less than 5yrs old ....thought guzzi had got it sorted,cheers for the rely

well, my friend. If this is too heavy for you I can relieve you of this burden. Just put the bike in a nice cardboard box and mail it to me and I'll handle the "problems" as best as I can.

Enjoy it, I want one just like it.

PS do you think ANY other bike dont suffer from an issue or two? My former BMW R1150R, bought out of the box, spat oil all over the garage floor and more scarily: the back wheel, without anyone finding the fault.

I feel the need to weigh in here on the aluminum flywheel issue. I have a 2002 V11 Le Mans Tenni with just under 21,000 miles on the clock that I purchased brand new and no fractured flywheel or replaced clutch. According to what I have read here and other forums there have been approximately 20 failures out of about 1200 V11 models with this flywheel (Rosso Mandello, Tenni, Scura--2 batches). Please correct me if I am wrong.

An incidence rate of 20/1200 is about 1.7% or slightly under 1 in 60, without knowing the conditions under which the bikes with the broken flywheels were operated. I do not intend to tear my bike down under this likelihood, but if mine craters I have full replacement insurance and would likely enter into legal arbitration with the insurance company to cover it. I may well lose. In that event, I would elect to either purchase a salvage V11 and swap the parts, or simply sell my bike for salvage and go write a check for another Guzzi.

We all ride motorcycles. It is a dangerous activity with possibly life threatening and injurious consequences.

:2c::thumbsup:

The bad flywheel problem has only happened in the Scura model. Not one Rosso Mandello or Tenni has had the problem yet. There were roughly 600 or so Scuras made, about 20 catastrophic failures. Many Scura owners pre emptively replaced the flywheel/clutch assembly & found cracks starting to develop. If I had a Scura I would definitely buy a ram aftermarket flywheel/clutch assembly. I have a Rosso Mandello & am not worried in the slightest about my flywheel because its not quite the same thing as what Guzzi used for the Scura.

...As my Reaper T-shirt says .... " I refuse to tiptoe through life, just to arrive safely at death "

....We all ride motorcycles. It is a dangerous activity with possibly life threatening and injurious consequences....

I ride motorcycles cos I enjoy the experience, the ride - I accept the risk but it's a blast - I love em. I don't play russian roulette cos I see no fun in the game. I see no fun in risking catastrophic failure of weak equipment when I know that risk & have a choice - no gain - nothing at all - FOR ME.... but each to his own - I choose for me, you choose for you.

KB :sun: