hey vancouverites!

ferguzzi

Well it's that's time of year, we're heading over to bc to visit the in-laws, drink some cream ale, drive my corvair and hopefully see some sunshine because there's been bugger all over here.

We've decided we need some custom made leathers for my mrs. 'cause she's just too damn tall for off the rail gear. I was just wondering was there anyone in Vancouver, or on the island, who does that sort of thing?

I was also thinking of test riding a demo norge while there. Is there anywhere in particular you'd recommend?

Thanks....

Always time for a 'vair enthusiast!

Can't help much with the custom leathers - the only person I know who's had leathers made had them done in a small town about 4 hrs drive from here and it took a few months to get them done. Someone else might know...

As for test riding a Norge... British Italian M/C's in Vancouver proper is the local dealer. He does have a Norge in there but trying to get a test ride out of Charlie is worse than pulling teeth. I've bought two bikes from him, neither of which he'd let me test drive. The other dealer is out in Chilliwack which is a fair drive from Vancouver, depending on if you are caught in highway traffic... I don't know them personally (I really should as HeliJim raves about their service) but if they have a Norge they might let it out. Jim would know better.

Interested in a partial case of corvair oil filters? Found them in my garage in the spring from when I had my 'vairs. I have no use for them.

cheers,

Rj

You visit over on the island don't you?

Victoria has a :mg: dealer now, S.G Power and they have a couple of Norge's as well as a couple of Grisso's ....do they test ride them ?? :huh2: dunno.

On the subject of the guys out in Chilliwack...can't say enough good things about them, :thumbsup:

Big Gord their head tech :luigi: is a straight guy and so far their service is so good that l take my Tenni to them for everything...well worth the trip from Campbell River to Chilliwack.

(l'm in a related business and value enthusiasim, service, and that feeling that they "give a sh#t" about me and my bike)

if you are in the north end of the island, give me a call, we'll go for a brew !!

also they have a very good street rod/classic car/brit sports cars etc. Sept. 2nd bring the monza up for that

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Thanks guys,

I managed to drop into britishitalian on saturday but they had just closed, so no joy. Not to worry though, We had a test ride in Ireland just before we left ,and were impressed. Although the centrestand kept rubbing, but I guess that just needs some suspension set up.

I'll be taking the corvair down to Victoria in a few days,( I'm based in Duncan) so I might drop into the place Van mentioned, for no other reason than I'd like to see a red one in the flesh, if they have one.

RJ, I might take you up on those oil filters! Maybe you could pm me, and I'll try to figure something out.

Van, I don't think I'll make it up to Cambell river. too busy visiting the in-laws etc, but feel free to have a brew without me!

Fergal.

Thanks guys,

I managed to drop into britishitalian on saturday but they had just closed, so no joy. Not to worry though, We had a test ride in Ireland just before we left ,and were impressed. Although the centrestand kept rubbing, but I guess that just needs some suspension set up.

I'll be taking the corvair down to Victoria in a few days,( I'm based in Duncan) so I might drop into the place Van mentioned, for no other reason than I'd like to see a red one in the flesh, if they have one.

RJ, I might take you up on those oil filters! Maybe you could pm me, and I'll try to figure something out.

Van, I don't think I'll make it up to Cambell river. too busy visiting the in-laws etc, but feel free to have a brew without me!

Fergal.

:bier: DONE !!

(l might just toast your good health more than once, as l can't drink by myself, but l can toast your health all afternoon :grin: )

Cheers

Van