V11s with front balance pipe - new crossover?

Mal

Hi all

I know there has been various discussion threads on adding new crossovers, cans etc to V11s most of which seem to point to a healthy and useable power increase when remapped. I've recently bought a lovely new (2002) black Le Mans :wub: with a front balance pipe on the down tubes. I've just bought some mistral cans and am now thinking of a replacement crossover, K&N and a powercommander (once I sell one of my old Guzzis). However before I go mad with my credit card I wondered if anybody had tried a new crossover with these new linked downpipes (preferably with a dyno), are they worth it? or am I going to have to be the first? :unsure:

anyone out there tried this?

cheers

Mal :helmet:

by the way if anyones is at the V twin rally in a couple of weeks look out for my black Le Mans which will be amongst the drunken Guzzi Pennine branch, pop over and say hi. :thumbsup:

Mal,

Just last week I installed the Stucchi crossover on my 2003 Rosso with Mistral oval mufflers. It took alot of playing around to make them fit properly. I have heard of others having no luck on installing the Stucchi crossover on bikes with the forward crossover. Make sure you can return the crossover if it does not fit properly before you buy one. Another problem is some aftermarket mufflers work with the stock crossover but not with the Stucchi crossover.

I think the bike has even better low end torque with the Stucchi Crossover and Mistral mufflers. The Powercommander was really needed after the change. The bike would spit and spudder at low rpms and die out coming to stops. Some tweaking on the PCIII solved the problem and I now get better fuel mileage to boot! :bier: Before the exhaust and PCIII change I would get at most 32 mpg.,now I am up at 37-38 mpg. :thumbsup:

Mike

cheers Mike

I'll probably have to get some from TLM, they're a friendly bunch and if there are any problems I'm sure they would take it back - although I'll try and get reassurances that it fits my bike first. Have to wait until next month though (when I plan a power commander & K&N as well) as the V twin rally approaches -yahoo :bier:

Mal :helmet: