Guzziology update

Skeeve

Hey Greg (our inside operative @ MI... ;))

How long does it take to update Guzziology after new changes are made, generally? For instance, the new 8v gets [hypothetically] displayed at Milan this fall, and first ships some time next spring of '08 [yeah.. riiiiight!]

Do all the Moto International elves gather round and start reading the available lit from Guzzi & then start tearing into the first model that arrives @ MI to check things out, or is it a matter of waiting until the 1st sacrificial customer's bike comes in for service & you guys offer him a deal on a slow turnaround so you can get a peek inside?

Just wondering about the process of assembling the knowledge contained w/ in the mighty tome of Guzziology & when it gets updated following the release of a new model... Of course, you've dangled some tasty bits of information about all the undisclosed differences between various Brevas, etc. here in v11LM, so I imagine all those particulars have already made it into the latest version of Guzziology, but just how do you guys do it? I don't imagine it's all Dave Richardson's doing anymore, is it? That's just unfathomable... :nerd::grin:

One o' these days, I simply must get a copy for my own! :P:

PS: seems to me if there was some way to knock a few bux off the regular price by doing a group buy, you'd have plenty of takers around here. We seem to have more than our fair share of propeller-headed mechanics on list who just love all the juicy details [sayeth one of them... well, except for the 'mechanic' part: I'm just propeller-headed! :lol: ]

PPS: Just got Ian Falloon's V7 Sport & LeMans Bible & it inspired me to reread your Moto Guzzi Big Twins; any likelihood of a revised edition of the latter from you, now almost 8 years on? [i know: more like 10 years on for you, but I'm going by the 1999 copyright date from the publisher info...] Regardless, it's a fab book; hope you're still getting good sales numbers!

:mg:

• 1 month later...

Dave does most of it. We all contribute where and when we can. The book gets updated frequently. Sometimes monthly, whenever we find something new. Much of it we learn in the course of looking up parts for customers. Parts diagrams are a great source for learning about changes to the machines, and piggio seem to keep these diagrams up to date. It's about all they do right, in my opinion.

Guzziology is worth ten times its price, but I can knock of 10 percent for any V11 LM Forum members who want one. Email me at work, parts@motointernational.com.