FOR the love of GOD

DeBenGuzzi

alright I've had the tank off like 8 times in the last 2 weeks and I can't get the regulator to f'n stop leaking, I replaced the oring that didn't work, I added some gas proof gasket sealant and let it sit for 24 hrs now I gotta clean that out as it didn't help at all. I don't understand I cleaned inside the regulator and replaced the ring with an identical gas specific oring its not coming from the spout its coming from around the c-clip which means the lower oring is leaking and I'm about at my wits end here, I'm gonna hurl the damn bike off a cliff here shortly. I should just remove the damn thing and cap it somehow, not sure how but I can't take it anymore :angry: ANY help would be great, I wanted to ride it to the "wheels of Italy" show on sunday but I can't obviously take it anywhere leaking petrol. ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH :wacko:

take a close look at the mating surfaces. If they're clean and flat, then that's not the problem. Could there be a small crack?

What do you mean by regulator? There's a pressure regulator on the r/h side- is that what you mean?

Where is it leaking from- the outlet of that pressure regulator or the seal at the tank? Gas tends to follow crevices, so where you see it might not be the source.

A piece of toilet paper is sufficiently absorbent that you can follow a fluid leak.

thanks for the sage advice, that is possible it always leaks on the inside of the regulator but that could just be the angle of the bike/tank for that, its on the rh side if youre sitting on the bike, has the spout thats not a spout and leaks around the C clip, I'll take it apart (again) tomorrow and look for scrapes crackes and gouges to make sure that isn't the problem, I bet I'll have a dickens of a time finding a replacement for that stupid thing if it is broke, :huh2: