Ferracci mufflers

Dimitris

Hi,

I am thinking of changing the stock exhausts of my V11 Le Mans with the Ferracci carbon low mount slip ons. Are they stree legal? Is there any removable DB killer?

On the Ferracci internet page http://www.ferracci.com/store/cart.php?m=p...etail&p=113 the price for the carbon muffler is 735$. Under the point where the price is written, is a small box where the quantity is specified. If I order "1" quantity, does it mean that I will pay 735$ and receive just one muffler? Or should I put number "2"? (if I put number "2", that means that I will pay 1470$ ?)

In most countries, these sort of silencers will not strictly be "legal" but many chose to use them anyway, because it is unlikely any enforcement action will be taken.

Some countries are stricter than others- I think Germany may be one of the strictest but I guess it depends on how the Greek police view things- maybe Alex Corsa can help you.

I've been running pipes similar to these for many years in the UK with no problem- they even pass the annual MOT checks if ther are not outrageously loud.

My Guzzis are unsilenced, but I have left the baffles in the Termis on my Ducati because they are embarrasingly loud.

Guy :helmet:

MG Ti's: the nice thing about these are that they are quite social at tickover, giving a pleasantly deep burble (noone takes much notice) but at takeoff around 3000rpms they sound like a Lancaster bomber going down on your a..

Other brands, like the Lazers on my wifes Laverda and some Termignonis are just plain damn loud all the time.

If the Ferracci's are anything like the Ti's in sound characteristics I wouldnt hesitate.

Last night at the hangout i witnessed the loudest bike ever. A Kwak 500 H1 with competition pipes, the furious howling shriek just froze 200 bikers in their tracks. unbeliveable.... but at tickover it was quite sivilized.

MG Ti's: the nice thing about these are that they are quite social at tickover, giving a pleasantly deep burble (noone takes much notice) but at takeoff around 3000rpms they sound like a Lancaster bomber going down on your a..

Agreed re the MG Ti race kit - I would even say that the pipes don't sound aggressive until 4,500 rpm or so.

And now with the Mistral X-over, the sound is even sweeter... under hard acceleration from 4,500 to 7,500 on the freeway, and I would think that most car drivers within 100 meters (front and rear) will hear you over their cellphones. :bike:

Back down at idle, it purrs like a kitten.

guzzi_16.jpgHey D, I have both the FBF carbon fiber slip ons, and the FBF X over. Bought it that way. I can't tell you how many bikers and NON bikers tell me that my Nero has a BEUTIFUL sound. They say things like "Awesome", "So Deep and Rich" and "Totally Bass-y, but not as loud as I thought it would be..." :thumbsup:

I would say it is "Melifluous" to about 4500 rpm, then it's more Raucous, in the 5-6500 range, where I am quite often. :grin:

"Controlled Violence" often pops into my head...

I am not aware of any sort of "Removable by Design" baffle.

I also have a Big Breva Cam, oversized valves, hi compression pistons and the heads are ported and polished, so there is bound to be some difference, but you are DEFINATELY headed in the right direction, IMHO. But... I also believe I am beginning to see that "MG Madness" on the horizon...Gotta go, LET'S RIDE!!!! :race: Lovin' it, S.H.

Guest rosso mandello

You should all check out Agostinis new mufflers, stainless steel, removabel DB killer, and the sound.......

I can not send pictures to this side, so you have to take my word for it, the looks are great

guzzi_16.jpgHey D, I have both the FBF carbon fiber slip ons, and the FBF X over. Bought it that way. I can't tell you how many bikers and NON bikers tell me that my Nero has a BEUTIFUL sound. They say things like "Awesome", "So Deep and Rich" and "Totally Bass-y, but not as loud as I thought it would be..." :thumbsup:

I would say it is "Melifluous" to about 4500 rpm, then it's more Raucous, in the 5-6500 range, where I am quite often. :grin:

"Controlled Violence" often pops into my head...

I am not aware of any sort of "Removable by Design" baffle.

I also have a Big Breva Cam, oversized valves, hi compression pistons and the heads are ported and polished, so there is bound to be some difference, but you are DEFINATELY headed in the right direction, IMHO. But... I also believe I am beginning to see that "MG Madness" on the horizon...Gotta go, LET'S RIDE!!!! :race: Lovin' it, S.H.

Any chance this bike has ever been in the FBF PA. shop? I was there once when the mechanics started a bike that looks identical to this one. The sound was awesome!!

I asked about the bike and they said that it had about 35K worth of engine work on it and made over 100 HP.

The sound of that bike is actually one of the things that convinced be to buy my first MG. I am very happy with my decision.