Throttlemiester, etc.

VA Sean

I'm getting ready for a few long trips this fall and even longer ones next year.

I'd like to hear (okay - "READ") your opinions -- good, bad and otherwise -- on what the most comfortable, user-friendly and effective "cruise control" type devices are that y'all have been using on the Guzzi.

My reason is: long distance highway miles tend to get a few fingers on my throttle hand numb after a while (yes, I already have bar-end weights), and I'd like to be able to take my hand off the controls for short periods of time so I can flex the fingers for a bit to bring them back to life.

:)

TIA

I use a Throttlemeister and like it a lot. However, it is simply a throttle lock, NOT a cruise control. It is great for what you have mentioned, and easily overpowered if inadvertently left set, or if an emergency arises.

Given a cruiser and a lot more installation room, I would prefer a real, electronic cruise control, which are available for motorcycles. This isn't sportbike material, though.

The Throttlemeister is just the ticket for what you described. I don't use mine that much because I don't do that many highway miles. But it's great to have for that occassion when you want to streatch out your right hand. The extra bar end weight is good for the V11 also.

Couldn't use throttlemeister myself as I have bar-ends. Greg from MI set me up with a cheapo - ~$20 nylon throttle lock that I love. It's designed for a yamaha fits next to the grip and operates with a flip-lever. Works like a champ, easy to use and install and the only complaint I have is the positioning - the lever is a bit high for easy thumb flipping but then I don't accidentally engage or dis-engage. A winter project will involve crafting a do-hicky to rotate it down a bit. Don't have batteries for the camera but can post a pic this weekend.

My experience with Throttlemeister is that the surface is smooth and is hard to grip to loosen/tighten.

Kaoko makes a similar product, but with a knurled grip, and they were very customer friendly...even offered to make a custom one for my Ducati.

http://www.kaoko.com/cruisecontrol.html

Couldn't use throttlemeister myself as I have bar-ends. Greg from MI set me up with a cheapo - ~$20 nylon throttle lock that I love. It's designed for a yamaha fits next to the grip and operates with a flip-lever. Works like a champ, easy to use and install and the only complaint I have is the positioning - the lever is a bit high for easy thumb flipping but then I don't accidentally engage or dis-engage. A winter project will involve crafting a do-hicky to rotate it down a bit. Don't have batteries for the camera but can post a pic this weekend.

I'd like to see a pic. I bought a Visa-Cruser friction type unit that needs to be sanded down to 4mm thickness in order to "fit". Still not sure if it will work. If you've a better idea I'd like to see it. My right hand gets numb after a bit!

mfeeney

ive got a throtlemaster on my aluminum and like it on the highway but it is a true pain in the butt in an emergency situation as in deer which there are a lot in my neck of the woods so i never use it from dusk on

ive got a throtlemaster on my aluminum and like it on the highway but it is a true pain in the butt in an emergency situation as in deer which there are a lot in my neck of the woods so i never use it from dusk on

You must have it set up wrong.... Mine holds the throttle on but is easy to roll off past the friction....