Recommendation to plug O2 hole on Stucchi?

Guest NotRight

The crossover I bought has the threaded bung hole but came with no plug. Not sure what would work.

Ummm! An apropriately threaded bolt about as deep as the fitting should work! Stick a schnoore washe on it so it doesn't come undone. Job done. It's an 'ole that needs a plug in it. So plug it!

Pete

If its for a standard 02 sensor, it will be an 18mm thread. Best thing to do would be put an oz sensor in it.

What? A sensor that detects if you're an Australian? Mate! Patent it! Howard and Ruddock will *love* you :grin:

Pete

I went to the local Autozone looking for an O2 sensor plug -- I was met with blank stares... I grabbed a few random plugs in sizes that I thought might fit... they didn't... so on the next trip I brought the X-over with me... found a plug that fit. No washer... walked over the Home Despot next door and got a washer that fit.

:bier:

Guest Mattress

I'm in the same boat. I don't have the cross-over with me, but I'm at work and we buckets and buckets of all kinds plugs. I'd like to grab one or a couple if you can provide more details. I'd rather not deal with an O2 sensor as a plug. (U.S. 2004 models don't have cats or lambda sensor)

Is a certain material preferred? I think we mostly have zinc plated steel plugs. Might have stainless and copper alloys in limited sizes.

So its an M18? I didn't have a tool to measure it with me when over at the storage shed (keep tools in apt. away from sticky fingers). Looked about that size.

But, now to be really difficult....how about the thread pitch?

Maybe I'll just grab a sample of everything and walk out all bo-jingly and return the runner's up. Not really allowed I know. But its hard to resist when I witness how much good hardware we pitch in the trash because out parts storage system is so so enragingly stupid.

"The MBA running the show panicked and told me to order 150 stainless steel 1" and 300 stainless 3/4" hose clamps. Of course the crisis was over before they arrived and the box is hogging my cube space. What should I do with them? Give them to the mechanics?"

"Yeah you could, but in reality you can't just do that. It involves NASA level processes and super computer crunching time."

"So?"

"Scrap 'em!"