Rear brake pad removal ?

Guest atl.guzzirider

Guest atl.guzzirider

After finding that my rear brake pads were badly worn at 7,500 mi. and still not totally convinced that they are dragging I picked up a new set of brembo pads. I have felt the disc and after riding several miles it is cooler than the front if not used but one pad is wearing more which seems that shimming the caliper may not be a bad idea which I want to look closer at when I install the new pads. But with all that being said my question is how is the retaining pin removed from the caliper to remove the pads and install new pads on my 02 Lemans.....any help would be much appreciated.

Walt Bowen

02 Champaign Lemans

Guest atl.guzzirider

Hey Guys,

I figured out the rear pad removal thing......, actually I called my dealer and the parts guy filled me in. On other brembo calipers I have seen c-clips but on these you simply take a punch a drive the pin out and there is a collar around the pin that keeps things tight. I did notice that on pad is wearing faster than the other and the stainless washers I got were too thick so I do plan onpossibly trying to get some caliper shims to center the caliper over the disc if possible and I am going to watch the brake drag thing as the pads begin to seat but it dosen't look like a prob. at this time.

Walt Bowen

02 Champaign Lemans